“family lunch”

Ranked #1 of 111 Restaurants in Brattleboro
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Whetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery combines a large casual restaurant and open air rooftop bier garten, with a small experimental nano-brewery, all located right on the Connecticut River in Vermont. We offer an "inspired pub fare" style menu, with everything from small bites for a few bucks to full entrees. Along with one, always changing unique craft beer of their own they offer dozens of guest craft beers on draft and specialty drinks, all in an amazing waterfront location. The unique round building has been restored into a beautiful fire-lit space with a contemporary and industrial vibe. Indoor and outdoor dining, perched above the river, alongside a steel bridge and nestled between the green mountains make the amazing location a "don't miss" on any visit through Vermont.
Boston, Massachusetts
“family lunch”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Service was slow. Food was a little better than average, but I ordered blackened Mahi taco and was told by waitstaff it was likely blackened. When it arrived, it was red hot (and I like blackened food), too hot to eat. The manager, instead of getting me something else, offered to credit my bill 50% and get another dish, and then offered a free dessert. Why?? I have eaten out thousands of times and I have never been asked to pay for 50% of the cost of a meal that was inedible. So I paid for 1/2 of a meal I didn't eat, and got a free bowl of chocolate mousse. Seems ridiculous to me. They'd be better off improving the speed of their waitstaff, and educating the cook on spicing the food (the waiter said he tasted the fish we sent back and said it was "much spicier than usual".)

Visited August 2013

Yulee, Florida
“Great view trouble with service”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have eaten upstairs on the deck maybe 4-5 times this summer. Let me first say the view is really nice... great location. The menu upstairs is really quite limited, it is designed that way for a reason, I do understand. In regards to the quality of what you get for food I would say good to fair, Had the burger asked for medium rare came out medium well, still decent enough. Had the chicken salad, nothing special here, not bad just some bland chicken salad with iceberg lettuce and some tomatoes. Fries have generally been a bit limp. I tried the fish taco also, again it is passable but nothing great, small amount of fish, not much cabbage. I eat these all the time in Florida at lots of places, these were not as good. Sweet potato puffs, were interesting. Crab cake pretty descent. Had some pepper soup that was pretty good. Bottom line is you are not going to go up to the deck for strictly the food. This place will not stand alone on what the kitchen is putting out. It is passable but nothing here to rave about.

Regarding service I have had some very good service and some very bad service. Which is really a shame because there is no excuse for slow service other then mismanagement. It is hard to understand why when a restaurant gets the GIFT of a great deal of business they do not see how tentative that can be. I will site the previous restaurant located in that same location as proof that customers can just stop coming and then..... you go out of business. Anyway, we just came back from eating, hence the review, it being a beautiful holiday weekend of coarse your outdoor water view bar is going to be busy, as a manager you would plan for this. My wife and I arrived at noon were served quickly then the bar tender was completely overwhelmed, people waiting for drinks, people waiting to pay everyone just standing around waiting for this one guy. The people next to us left, I was going to have another drink but had been waiting 20 minutes, I felt lucky to get the tab. I eventually asked for a manager. Which was someone named "wendy" not to be found. My question is where in the world was wendy? Eventually she showed up after one of the hostesses went to look for her. She started pitching in as she should have.... but we were on our way out pissed by the whole thing. Here is the bottom line, I work pretty damn hard for my money I am spending in your restaurant so I get peeved when spending this money seems to be an aggravation and unappreciated. I know you personally don't have it out for me, but you are basically advertising a service for my money and quite frankly you really failed to deliver that service. I have spent years in the restaurant business as a worker and a client. I hope "wendy " owns the place. I will say if I was an owner and walked in on seeing my customers not be served properly and I was paying a manager to run the floor, that manager would be gone today. To the owner I would say with such a great location and the benefit of being one of the very few places left to eat in brattleboro it would really be a shame to ruin this opportunity by not paying attention to what is going on. Bottom line, yes I would give the whetstone another chance, but a repeat performance of today would be reason to cross the place off my list.

• Visited September 2013
“a very nice place for a pleasant dinner”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

go to the roof deck part of the restaurant, the menu is kind of limited but the food is good and the atmosphere is superb.

• Visited August 2013
Central Village, Connecticut
“Home brewed "Amber" was great”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Had been told service could be very slow - but all food is prepared to order, so it takes time. We visited twice - both afternoons - and did not run into a crowd. Service was excellent. Soups are made here and delicious; entrees were very good also. Found the local brew (Amber this time, but they never repeat) was just great. Would return in a heartbeat to try more of the pub food.

Visited August 2013
Lindenhurst, New York
“Right at the Bridge”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This joint is sooo excellent! I can't say there's a place this good in too many towns. Upstairs open air seating overlooking the river. A great old bridge and the only way into town from the south... You can't miss it. All kinds of beer, great food, and not the usual bar food either. Clean concise... What can I say? A home run for Brattleboro!!!

• Visited August 2013