“Great Food (gluten free for me), Service, & View”

Whetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery
Ranked #2 of 111 Restaurants in Brattleboro
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Whetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery combines a large casual restaurant and open air rooftop bier garten, with a small experimental nano-brewery, all located right on the Connecticut River in Vermont. We offer an "inspired pub fare" style menu, with everything from small bites for a few bucks to full entrees. Along with one, always changing unique craft beer of their own they offer dozens of guest craft beers on draft and specialty drinks, all in an amazing waterfront location. The unique round building has been restored into a beautiful fire-lit space with a contemporary and industrial vibe. Indoor and outdoor dining, perched above the river, alongside a steel bridge and nestled between the green mountains make the amazing location a "don't miss" on any visit through Vermont.
Riverside, RI
“Great Food (gluten free for me), Service, & View”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband & I spent the Columbus Holiday in Brattleboro, Vt Because I have to eat gluten free we often base our day trips to places I can eat. I was not disappointed by the food. They have 2 beers and hard cider that are gluten free. The station fries are addictive and they are gluten free (dedicated Fryer). I had the scallops and a salad. My husband (not GF) had a salad and the short ribs. We both had dessert. I had the gluten free chocolate cake with a side ala mode of their maple bacon gelato; the gelato was wonderful! My husband had the ice cream truffle which he enjoyed. The view is great. Our server Krystal was great too. We are looking forward to another visit when they have the full menu. For $2 extra the have gluten free pasta and rolls.

• Visited October 2012

Ellington, Connecticut
“Wonderful relaxing and friendly dining.”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were vacationing in Vermont, drove by and stopped in the first weekend they had a sneak peek. They only had the upstairs deck open, a "short" menu and if it rained they would have to close (pre inside dining).

We had a great pub meal of our comfort food, burger for me and macaroni and cheese for my wife. Also a great sampling of beer.

The view is absolutely the best.

We ran into one of the owners who was hanging around working on the restaurant, and he was genuinely interested in our experience.

We live a little less than 2 hours away and we will be returning just to enjoy a day in Vermont and dine at the Whetstone.

It's a two edge sword to give it a great review, I am hoping we don't have to wait long to be seated!

• Visited June 2012
Springfield, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love love love”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

In Brattleboro for 2 days and ate here 3 times. Most incredible views I've ever found at a restaurant. Amazing roof deck. Great draft beer selection, nice to see some variety instead of all IPAs. Burger is killer and the ceviche was a pleasant surprise at a brewpub. Only wish their brewery was up and running (said it will be by New Year's Eve) I'll have to head back.

Somis, CA
“Lovely View, But That's All”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Heard it was great, stopped in for the "Sneak Peek" menu. The view from outside was beautiful! My Soup was lukewarm, a little bland too. Had the scallops & the portion was a Joke! Also, SOOO much salt! Others at our table had the burger, was told it was Not Great meat, fish tacos could use more flavor... Ahi Tuna was good, but silly small portion. I was over charged for my wine & our waitress told us, "I am just out of it!" Yikes! Hope they get it together before the main dinning rooms opens. I would give our meal a D-! View A+ This is the Only 1 dot review I have given :(

• Visited September 2012
TimBrady, Owner at Whetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Ouch. We are really sorry that we dropped the ball on your visit during our pre-opening sneak peek. Wish you would have given us a chance to make it right for you while you were here. We really appreciate honest feedback from our guests as we work to complete and open our restaurant officially in a few weeks. We are just a few locals trying to put together someplace awesome - that's why we pass out those comment forms and ask everyone about their experience during our trial run. We take your critique seriously and will address it immediately with the whole staff. We do wish you would have given us a shot to make it right for you before slamming our little (not even officially open yet) place on the internet. We (owners) are always on site and want every experience to be perfect. We are really sorry that we didn't deliver on yours.
Williamstown
“Great experience”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Had a really nice diner. With no reservation, we only waited through 1/2 a pint at the bar where the staff and customers were all very nice. The tap list is very good and the food was also great. We ordered a few apps and also some entrees which were all very nice. The location is excellent and the views were great. Even though it was dark the atmosphere is very pleasant. Bring a sweater if it is a cool night, but don't miss this one.

• Visited September 2012