“Astounding views; gluten-free upgrades available for $2.00”

Whetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery
Ranked #1 of 111 Restaurants in Brattleboro
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Whetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery combines a large casual restaurant and open air rooftop bier garten, with a small experimental nano-brewery, all located right on the Connecticut River in Vermont. We offer an "inspired pub fare" style menu, with everything from small bites for a few bucks to full entrees. Along with one, always changing unique craft beer of their own they offer dozens of guest craft beers on draft and specialty drinks, all in an amazing waterfront location. The unique round building has been restored into a beautiful fire-lit space with a contemporary and industrial vibe. Indoor and outdoor dining, perched above the river, alongside a steel bridge and nestled between the green mountains make the amazing location a "don't miss" on any visit through Vermont.
“Astounding views; gluten-free upgrades available for $2.00”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I were there for Whetstone Station's "sneak peak", as the owners continue to construct the inside of the restaurant. We loved the view from this place and would come back in a heart beat.

The initial service was a little slow. We had to notify our hostess that our waitress had not come by after 15 minutes of being seated at our table on the balcony overlooking the scenic bridge and river off Rte. 119 in Brattleboro. That being said, though, my husband loved the beer selection. My Latitude wine from Argentia and my portobella mushroom sandwich with goat cheese and pesto were delicious.

There are plenty of options at Whetstone Station for vegetarians. People with celiac disease can get their rolls and pasta gluten-free for a $2.00 fee per item.

1 Thank TravelingTrioFromCT

Boston, Massachusetts
“The view is what sells it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Decent fare, and good (but a bit pricey) beer selection, this place is definitely best in warm weather, when you can sit at the bar or eat on the deck overlooking the river and train station. Silly staff outfits (really? Mini-kilts?)

Visited August 2012
New England
“The Best View of the Conneticut River”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

It was sunny, the wind lightly breezing across the deck of the Whetstone Station Restaurant, and the 6 of us felt the ambiance complementing our great food and conversation! We ordered iced teas and coffee and had them served with simple syrup (nice touch!), and we all enjoyed wonderful salads, garnished with optional beef tips or Cesar salads or wraps. I had my favorite salad, the Whetstone Wedge, and added on a side of gluten free chicken tenders. Love the flexible menu. Service was attentive and friendly! Can you tell we had a great time? Heide Bredfeldt

1 Thank StaysAtInns
Stamford CT
“Great lunch, priceless views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Enjoyed a delightful lunch on a perfect summer day, with never-ending views of the Connecticut River to the north and south from their spacious second floor deck. Service was friendly, prompt, and attentive, and I was delighted with my green salad with perfectly cooked sirloin tips. Would have been nice to have been offered some fresh bread or rolls to go with it, but probably better for me to have been saved the temptation. My husband had the beet salad special, although he felt it was a little less creative compared to others he has had. He had the flatbread of the day, with cheese, corn, etc. -- tasty pizza-type alternative. His favorite was the Stonehouse IPA which he said was "off the charts."

1 Thank SandyRiver
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice place with a beautiful view of the river”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I ate here twice recently while visiting B'boro and both times had a good meal. The real draw here is the variety of excellent beers on tap and in the bottle however, the setting is also ideal, with a deck overlooking the Conn River. I had the mahi mahi tacos one night, which were very good. The other night I tried the cheese soup and a salad, and the soup was one of the best I've had. On a summer night, there's nothing like sitting on the deck at Whetstone with a cold beer and hopefully, good company!

Visited August 2012