“Newly remodled and good food”
Review of The Marina

The Marina
Ranked #3 of 110 Restaurants in Brattleboro
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Marina offers fresh seafood, steaks, burgers, salads, a wide variety of vegetarian options, a kid's menu, homemade desserts, a full bar (with a great selection of local beer), beautiful waterside dining, amazing sunsets... And much more!
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I had their very good lobster bisque and split a great lobster & scallop pie. The meals are generous and priced fairly. Three cheers to the barman who pours one heck of a drink; it was at least a double. We would come back for dinner again.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Good food, quick service, bar available, outside or inside tables with Wharf views, lots of parking available.

1  Thank Blacksheep5
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Went for dinner before a symphony performance at Marlboro college. Waitress appeared rather impatient when, 1 minute after delivering our menus, we were still undecided, and her attitude never became pleasant.
I ordered the New England Haddock and honestly think they simply defrosted it, dropped it into a bowl of plain panko crumbs and then barely baked it before sending it to the table. No seasoning, no crispy panko crumbs, just soggy and flavorless. Can't say the vegetables were any better; I think they pre-baked them hours before and then microwaved them.
When we left, we noticed a very long lineup of customers waiting for a table, and I don't know what they see in the place other than lovely views from the outdoor patio. I'd certainly never return for the food.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I had an occasion to spend a weekend in Brattleboro and passed the Marina Restaurant on my way to my hotel. My timing was a bit off - late for lunch and early for dinner. I stopped and ordered clam chowder (waitress said it was NOT homemade) and a tilapia sandwich. I loved the chowder; the tilapia sandwich was "ok." I ate inside as I had driven seven hours and my eyes were a bit tired of the bright sun to be outside. The bar was a bit noisy, but watching "the locals" was entertainment in itself. The next day, I decided that the chowder was good enough for a second visit. I sat outside enjoying the cooler breeze and watching the activity on the river. With the chowder I ordered an appetizer of brie with chutney. I went when it was quiet again between normal meal times and thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to read my kindle and enjoy the weather. Both times the staff was friendly. I would go again.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Serves the usual steak and fish stuff, but overlooking the river, and with a nice, summery atmosphere in the evening. Reasonable prices, decent wine and beer selection, and pleasant staff.