“Skeeviest place ever!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Reviewed September 6, 2007

This place offered an inexpensive filthy room. The shower had duct tape and tar repairing the base. The shower and sink had mold and mildew. The windows and other woodwork had mold and mildew. Bedroom window was broken (not just cracked--broken!). Bathroom window was broken. Desk clerk said: "Oh that happened yesterday". As if recent occurence made it more acceptable. Bedspread was blood stained and grimy. Slept on top of the bed fully clothed. Couldn't wait to leave in the morning. I saw that the car parked at the room next door had its tires slashed in the nighttime. I think I've learned my lesson. Pay more for a clean and secure room.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank 13pumpkin

Reviewed August 27, 2007

The rate was very convinient and also the place was close to the road and next to shopping center which was ver convinient. the breakfast was very good specially waffle and egg sausages and fresh english muffins. we requested for late check out and manager was very friendly and he did let us stay for an extra hour so my children can enjoy pool which was very nice. they had microwaves and mini fridge was very ice, i will stay at this hotel for my next trip. very good.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank dilcool07
Reviewed August 14, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Brattleboro Econo Lodge for three nights. The place would have been OK, but the carpet was filthy and the toilet stank. I think the toilet wasn't cleaned under the lip and the carpet seemed like it has been only vacuumed (at best) for years--certainly never shampooed.. Keep your shoes on. My wife wore pink sock-slippers which were filthy on the bottoms after the three nights. We will be visiting Brattleboro fairly often in the next few years, but never stay there again if we can book accommodations elsewhere. Overpriced as well. The manager told us if we cancelled the last night we had prepaid online he would give us a better rate but it was too much trouble to bother with.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2007

First of all the web pictures are very deceiving, great breakfast facilities, ha! Two very small tables, make your own waffles, dirty cereal dispensers, stale bag of bread on a counter? We took a chance on this hotel and what a mistake that was! Unfriendly manager that only asked for our credit card at check in, offered nothing else, no eye contact, I mean come on is it too hard to at least say, hi? We found the room to be dark, uninviting, the beds were lumpy; the sheets were awful, cracked tub surround, grout scum on the floor. Forget about opening the curtains because these are to an outside hallway/balcony, door to room stuck and was difficult to open. Used the back stairs to get to our room and found lewd graffiti above the doorway, NICE! (Hey, bring the kids to our hotel!). How much worse can a hotel get? The pool looked ok but who would want to swim in a pool surrounded by chain link in the middle of a parking lot, wow they make it look big and secluded in the picture. Checked out after one sleepless night. Do yourself a big favor and spend the extra $$, especially if traveling with family, or stay one less night somewhere else, that’s what we did!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2007

The room was fine as I recall with a microwave which is always a bonus! My main recollection was the great breakfast in the reception area it also has a computer to check your email which is quite unusual I think in US motels and essential if you have not got a laptop along!

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2007

Please stay away stay far away. The hotel is very run down and deffinatly not renovated. We arrived at night and the manager would not accept the discount coupon. He stated that it was too late. We decided to take the room anyway, when we opened the door...oh my goodness it stunk so bad it was terrible. The bathroom had no tub , just a shower that was all mildew , the tiles where broken , and the bathroom window was broken. The air conditioner was not working properly so needless to say it was so hot in the room it made the room even smell worse. I could not sleep all night. If it was not so late I would have went to another hotel. The door entrance to the room was all broken, but it did lock. The only thing that I saw that was of any good was the pool. We went to the continental breakfast only to walk right back out. It was so small. Please, I would not advise any one to stay at this hotel it was extremly filthy....worst place I ever stayed in my life.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2007

Stayed on Feb 17-18.. Very good clean hotel.. great value. It doesn't have a lot of facilities like big pool gaming room etc ..but i didn't see big difference otherwise in room amenities then in Red Roof Inn in Rutland.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple