“Best Hotel in the area”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Reviewed May 10, 2005

This year will be our 3rd year staying at this Hotel. For those shopping for a place to stay outside of Camp Spofford, this is the place! The camp is only a few minutes away and the ride is doable not to mention nice. The breakfasts are great, the indoor pool was cold but clean, and there is a hot tub next to the pool as well. The staff could be a little more helpful and courteous but the manager is very friendly. This hotel is only a few years old vs. many of the run down hotels in the area, right off of the highway and secluded from the rest of town. Will stay here year after year!

• Stayed: July 2004
2  Thank bobbass
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Reviewed May 4, 2005

Spent four nights in non-smoking room with king-size bed at about $100/night including taxes. Visible from I-91 freeway as large white building, without a sign, near exit #3. Close to supermarket and a myriad of restaurants, gas stations, etc. Clean premises with complementary breakfast/newspaper and heated indoor pool (about 82 degrees).
Pleasant staff and prompt room maintenance each day. Would return.

Stayed: April 2005
1  Thank trippingJack
Reviewed January 30, 2005

This property is about 2 years old and a 5 minute drive from the I-91 exit 3. I checked into my NS King and was pleased to find the room clean, spacious and equipped with microwave and coffee maker. High speed internet is free for both wired and wireless options. There's are complementary business centers equipped with computer, printer and calculator -- very handy if you need them. I even like the rounded shower curtain rail in the bathroom as it allows more room in the shower. I plan to use the fitness center and heated pool in the morning before leaving for business meetings. Its hard to complain when all this is provided for a rate under $100. If the windows had been designed to open for fresh air I would have given this place an excellent 5 dot rating.

2  Thank JD-805
A TripAdvisor Member
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed December 28, 2004

I stay in Brattleboro quite often but the hotel I usually stay at was booked for the evening, so I ended up making a reservation with the Holiday Inn. When I checked in the staff did not seem to care I even exsisted. I stood waiting to be checked in for 15 minutes while the person at the desk took what seemed to be a personal phone call. When they finally got off the phone I didn't even get a smile or "hello" or an appology for the wait! When I finally got to my room I was very disappointed because I had reserved a non smoking room and got a smoking room. So down I went back to the front desk. When I asked to be switched to a non smoking room the staff did so but seemed to be very annoyed with the inconvenience and again I didn't receive an appology for the mix up. They don't have an on site restaurant which added to my disappointment. The hotel I usually stay with has a wonderful indian restaurant and a remarkably friendly staff. I will never stay with the Holiday Inn again, I certainly did not get what I paid for.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 20, 2004

This hotel is excellent.

The building is clean and pleasant and well maintained. The staff are very helpful and friendly and, I feel, go the extra mile.

I enjoyed and appreciated the free apple juice and doughnuts in the reception area!!!!

We were on tour and I found the Holiday Inn Express Hotels were far better than the rather dingy and old fashioned Holiday Inns.

• Stayed: October 2004
6  Thank AJO_UK
Reviewed September 12, 2004

I am a clean freak and this hotel was clean, clean, clean! I asked for my beds to be made a special way prior to my arrival and they were perfect. Friendly and attentive staff. I am spoiled and usually stay at 5 star hotel. The proptery was a typical Holiday Inn Express style. The difference was the 5 star service. I will stay here again.

3  Thank Dee B
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 7, 2004

We took up atleast 8 rooms for a wedding nearby and everyone seemed pleased with their rooms. The pool was open until 11pm, which the families with kids enjoyed. There was plenty to choose from for the free breakfast and our room was clean and tidy. In my room we could hear dulled voices through our wall, but the particular relative of ours is exceptionally loud, so this'd be the exception! Very handy to Putney, where our event was. Traffic noise wasn't an issue. Would definately stay again if in the area.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brattleboro
Comfort Inn & Suites Brattleboro
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 10 in Brattleboro
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!