There's a danger in tarring every hotel in a chain with the same brush. To say, all Holiday Inn Expresses are wonderful or awful, above or below average wouldn't be fair - if you had stayed in only one hotel in the chain. However...
Holiday Inn Expresses SEEM to hold so much promise. They are, without fail, well-located and easy to find, and appear, from the exterior, modern and clean, with ample parking.
Inside, it is a different story. With only one exception, we encountered front-line staff who were young (very young in many instances) unable to make decisions or respond appropriately to situations and lacking in confidence. The hotel's decor was interesting, with a modernist feel. If it had actually been CLEAN, we may have enjoyed it. From the moment we entered the lobby, the dirt and accumulated dead leaves only served to (slightly) distract us from the grease stains, bleach spots (with the attempted remedy of removing bits of carpeting and leaving bald patches). Same in the elevators, down the halls and in the rooms. Yes, carpeting is expensive, but it is also one of the first things patrons look at. Elevators were very dirty and looked as if they hadn't been vacuumed in many days. When asked about this, front desk staff cited the busyness of the staff, hotel, etc. I may say that many times when I was hoisting a large number of boxes and bags (more about that later) that staff were busy talking, socializing and doing nothing much. Check in was not fun: a limited number of trolleys were available. We waited a long while for one. I finally scanned all the hallways, hoping to find a stray. No result. I asked the front desk staff. No help there. As I had a large number of quite heavy boxes/pieces of luggage to haul, I was quite insistent. No help. After five trips up (unassisted, by even the opening of a door!) I entered the room. Same carpeting problems. Long black hair in bed. Looked as if the bed had not been made (I still have my doubts). Yes, part of our stay was comped - only part - but the excuses went on and on.
As this is only one of the many Holiday Inn Express stories we have to tell (the excellent Hampton Inn was booked) we feel we have given this chain all the chance they deserve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brattleboro is ' All of Vermont and close to home.' We are conveniently located near five major ski areas such as Mount Snow, canoeing, kayaking and antique shops and the new Grafton Cheese Factory. At the end of the day come back and relax in one of our up to date rooms. We offer rooms with two queen beds or one king bed. Maybe a room with a private Jacuzzi is what your looking for or maybe a family suite is for you. Sit back watch a movie on our new flat screen TVs. All rooms offer refrigerators and microwaves. Remember to enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning featuring a great selection of hot and cold breakfast items. We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Brattleboro, VT and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Brattleboro
- Holiday Inn Express Brattleboro
- Holiday Inn Brattleboro