“Pleasant”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Lexington, South Carolina
“Pleasant”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding in town. The hotel was clean, nice, and quiet. I was pleasantly suprised with the breakfast and varies a little each day. We had a large party staying at the hotel and we would hang out in the breakfast sitting area which was a nice way for the family could talk. NO complaints about staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HershalBK, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm so happy that your family enjoyed your stay with us. Please come visit soon!

BK Investments

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Islip, New York
Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you like Country roads, Candles, Cheese and Country Stores then come to Brattleboro, Vermont. It is one hour from the Vermont Country Store in Rockingham, Vt to the north, one hour to Yankee Candle and Shelburne Falls, in Massachusetts to the south and just a hop step and a jump to New Hampshire. The bonus is getting there. If you love driving country roads get off i93 and take a ride on route 5 from Massachusetts up through Vermont, then go over to route 100 to the west and north in Vermont. Holiday Inn was a very comfortable and convenient place to stay with a very pleasant staff. Just ask them to fix the Hot Tub by the indoor pool.Includes full breakfast made fresh everyday.

Pleasantly surprised. Would stay again. Rooms were comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: Plan activities and you will enjoy your stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mmcgr110
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the positive feedback. The hot tub is on our list of items that we need to address. Please be assurred it will be fixed. Please come visit soon!

Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We spent one night here on a quick getaway to southern Vermont, and found it perfectly suited to our needs. The room was spacious, comfortable, and very quiet (on the east side of the building). Aside from a non-functioning TV (when we reported it the front desk offered to move us to another room, but as there were no king rooms available we opted to remain), the stay was very good. The breakfast selection was as one expects from a HI Express--with the wonderful cinnamon rolls and two hot breakfast options--scrambled eggs, sausage and gravy over biscuits, plus assorted breads, yogurt, cereals, hard boiled eggs, etc. All in all exactly what we'd hoped for and have come to expect from this brand.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leslie W
Dear Guest,

I'm happy to hear your stay with us was excellent. Please come back and stay with us so we can make your next stay 5 stars!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 26, 2013

It's about what you would expect. Very friendly staff, clean rooms but I was a little turned off by what appeared to be brown mold where the tub meets the floor (grout). And while they provide different pillows - they were all spongy, like the old foam pillows. Breakfast was good and plentiful. I would stay there again, but I might check out the other hotels first.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear FJ F,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Portland, Connecticut
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I realize that standard policy is that if you are not able to make it to the hotel, your card will still be charged. The amount of that charge usually depends on hotel policy. We had a reservation for one night to break up our ride for our camping trip. Unfortunately when we hooked up our camper, we did not have any running lights. I called the hotel around 9:30 pm just to let them know so if they needed the room, they would know it would be available. During the call, prior to being placed on hold, I was informed that if I was calling for a room, they were sold out for the night. I informed the front desk staff that we would not make our reservation. He stated that if I came in the next morning and explained our situation, most likely my card would be credited. I was very impressed with this news and thought it was a wonderful personal touch for a hotel. However, when I got to the hotel the general manager explained that my card is charged at 6 pm period. Again, I realize this is how reservations usually work, but I also know that it was up to the discretion of the GM. I have broken down on a previous vacation and had a reservation credited. I have returned to that hotel every time we visit Washington because of this. I expressed my frustration from being led to believe my card would be refunded and the fact that we went out of our way to attempt it. In my opinion, the GM was aloof in his response and I am disappointed with how this situation was handled by the hotel staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dfitz54
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Dfitz54,

Thank you for your valuable review.As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. We are sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectation on this particular occasion. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you encountered due to the level of service received from our hotel staff. Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps where great attention will be paid to the matter.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will afford us another opportunity to showcase our usual levels of service.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Very clean, spacious room with a nice, clean bathroom. Comfortable bed with good pillows. Had a room near the elevator and was worried about the noise, but I didn't hear the elevator at all. Guests upstairs banged around a few times, but otherwise was a great room. The breakfast was good with a mix of some hot food including pancakes and typically continental breakfast with cereal, yogurt, fruit and muffins. There was a dedicated attendant that kept the items and supplies well-stocked and was constantly checking on the items and making sure guests were okay. He was very friendly and nice. The coffee is available 24/7, which I took advantage of in the morning and at night! ha ha. The coffee was very good and fresh! There is a small workout room and a pool, but I did not use either of them (no time due to it being a business trip). I would highly recommend this location!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the positive feedback. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was Nice and clean. The staff was Pleasant. A good breakfast was had with quite a lot of variety available and the staff kept everything replenished in a timely fashion.. Pool needs a little work, the water was cloudy and there was some deterioration in the tiles, etc. The spa as well could use a little renovation, the jets were a little weak. Would stay again if in the area. The cinnamon buns are as good as they say. Room was comfortable and quiet.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our cinnamon buns. Please come visit again!

BK Investments
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brattleboro
Comfort Inn & Suites Brattleboro
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 10 in Brattleboro
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!