“Changed Hands from Thai Garden”
Review of Thai Bamboo

Thai Bamboo
Ranked #37 of 111 Restaurants in Brattleboro
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Brattleboro, Vermont
“Changed Hands from Thai Garden”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

And then changed hands again... but still very good cuisine. Good portions, great ambiance, excellent service. Always worth the price.

Visited February 2014

Kennebunk, Maine
“Authentic Thai Food, Reasonably priced”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Thai Bamboo is a small, authentic thai restaurant well worth the trip if you are visiting Brattleboro. The service is friendly, portions are large, and prices are reasonable.

• Visited February 2014
Massachusetts
“Not what it used tobe...”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had eaten here several years ago and liked it, so being in the neighborhood we stopped in again. Big mistake. Slow service, they were out of our favorite appetizer (the 'moneybags') and the crispy pad thai was horrible. Picture uncooked ramen noodles with no vegetables, doused with a cheap hoisin sauce, and that would pretty well describe it. We should have tightened our belts and driven the extra hour to Northampton...

• Visited February 2014
NY
“Delicious and Fresh”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My family and I always love going to Thai bamboo. We have a 2nd home in VT, and always make it a point to travel into Brattleboro for dinner at Thai Bamboo!

This Saturday, I visited with a friend who was apprehensive about having Thai. I assured her she would not be disappointed. I had the Yellow Curry, which was fresh, and delicious. She had a beef dish (sorry forgot the name) and she loved it!!! We also had a Curry pastry for an appetizer which was yummy!
The food is always fresh, and the service is always friendly.
Other favorite dishes: Pad Thai, Siamese Twins, and the
Crispy duck!

Also, the ambiance is very nice.

I highly recommend this restaurant!!! It is not expensive...and very good!!!!

Visited November 2013
Houston, Texas
“Just a glimpse...”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Sorry for this abbreviated review! As those who follow us were are aficionados of Thai food, and we had a brief and only chance encounter will this out-of-the-way Thai restaurant in Brattleboro Vermont. All we did was order fish cakes for takeaway! (Shame on us!). But I was so impressed with this restaurant I felt it deserved a mention. So…although we did not experience the complete restaurant experience, I am so positively disposed to what we did see and experience I felt it warranted a review:

In short: I ordered two orders of traditional Thai fish cakes for takeaway. Wow, where they good, delicious. Spicy but not over the top. Fresh. Perfectly cooked. And exactly the right sweet/sour sauce on the side.

I arrived at the restaurant to pick up these little gems and I was just blown away with the ambiance of the place. Stunning. Each table elegantly set. Lighting was warm and romantic. Spotlessly clean. I went back to my S.O. (significant other who is Thai), and suggested that we abandon our other dinning plan and go here, but, alas, the plan was already set.

Quickly: service of our order was perfect. I was greeted warmly and quickly and efficiently checked-out. Perfect!

So we are due back in the area next spring and Thai Bamboo is #1 on our list.

I do hope our future experience lives up to this review and our expectation. We'll of course be sure to see what other Trip Advisors think - hopefully positive.

• Visited November 2013