“Horrible Service”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Distracted and hurried waitress didn't make eye contact, lost our order and had to come back to ask what we had ordered. This was followed by a 30 min wait for soup, and 1 hr wait until our main dishes appeared. In the mean time tables were being seated without table cloths, the phone was ringing and ringing in the background, those being seated were being told it was and hour wait for food, while nothing was said to us.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I ate recently at Thai Bamboo. It was the first time we had eaten there since the change of ownership. While it was still good, the service was slow and the food was a notch below where it was previously - a bit less authentic, and the prices seemed a bit high for the portion sizes. The service was rather slow, perhaps owing to the restaurant being quite busy at the time. Still, I would say the staff was a bit short-handed. Overall, the food was still very good, and I would not hesitate to go back. The restaurant is very nicely decorated with a light and airy feel.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Downtown Brattleboro, Vermont nestled in amongst the artsy, eclectic, woodsy with a touch of granola shops and restaurants is the Thai Bamboo restaurant. Just off the main shopping drag, the Thai Bamboo dining room is an elegantly decorated and relatively spacious space. My daughter, a vegetarian can always find something to enjoy here. We're particularly fond of the Pad See ew...with Tofu. The Pad Thai is delicious too, fresh and light, not prepared greasy and heavy like some places I've been. My favorite, the warm Thai tea with it's unusual orange color and delicious taste is a definite draw for me. The wait staff seems proud of their establishment and the food they are serving. The wait staff is engaging and very accommodating and quick when a request is made. It's unexpected to find a little dining treasure like this in Brattleboro, Vermont...but it's there and always consistent.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Service was excellent in a well decorated airy dining room (great windows). I had a curry spiced just the way I requested (fairly hot but not exceedingly so). Spring rolls were also great! The total experience was a relaxing lunch experience in a very comfortable setting.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Living in Hawaii, I am accustomed to lots of excellent choices for Thai food. Thai Bamboo has the best Thai food that I have eaten in Vermont. Maybe five years ago, that was not saying much because the choices were limited, but with Thai available all over the state now, this place ranks as my favorite. Portions were just right and prepared quickly and with such flavorful sauces! Our waitress knew the menu well and was very friendly and courteous. We will make a trip back on our next vacation.