“Great spot for locals & travelers”

Black Bear Sugarworks Farm Stand
Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: We are moving to Brooklyn, New York. With luck we should be open by late August.
Brattleboro, Vermont
“Great spot for locals & travelers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Had a good pulled pork sandwich, Mexican coke (made with sugar, not hi-fructose corn syrup), and a maple soft serve ice cream. All excellent and, except for the coke, locally made. Maple syrup from their farm is available too! Get there before the outdoor cart season's over!

Lebanon, Connecticut, United States
“Best Fast Food in New England”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Coming home from vacation in northern Vermont we stopped by this little "hotdog" stand for a quick bite. Right off exit 1 off of Interstate 91 it is a real gem. The grass fed beef hotdog served on a locally baked hot dog bun was the best I have ever eaten. The grilled cheese was just as fabulous with Vermont made cheese and homegrown tomatoes. The lemonade is fresh. Even more heavenly is the Maple Creamy. Soft serve ice cream packed with maple goodness. I even bought 2 quarts of their maple syrup. This place is quintessential Vermont experience that's convenient and affordable.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Christine C
Akita, Japan
“Perfect, pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

Great, unexpected experience! The perfect addition to a beautiful fall day!

We stopped in to this foodstand because we saw a sign saying "Local Pork for sale" and we quickly pulled in. We got a hot dog, and lots of frozen pieces of pork from the farmer's most recent pig. I have not yet cooked the pig, but I am predicting it is delightful!

The farmer was great! Honest, helpful, and kind. He worked day and night to make his farm successful, and we were so fortunate to get his outlook on his experience as a farmer in VT.

As a tourist/consumer, we can make a huge difference in the local community. Right now, VT is struggling, so make sure to buy local. Farm stands like Black Bear Sugarworks are perfect to support because they are safe, fun, and support the local agriculture.

Make a special trip down 89, off at Exit 1. You will not regret it!

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank christyna50
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
“Great experience -- delicious goodies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

We had a great time at this quick little stop. Friendly owner, good hot dog, wonderful lemonade on a hot day. Best of all is, of course, the maple sugar treats! Totally worth getting off the highway for. I'll always stop by when in southern Vermont!

Visited July 2011
2 Thank CBrodrick
Belchertown, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Hot Dog EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

I stopped by the stand today for the first time. I have to say I am already looking forward to the next time I go up to Brattleboro. I had the best hod dog I have ever had. It wasn't just that the frankfurter itself was excellent, it is made with grass fed beef, but the toppings on it were fantastic; maple mustard and caramelized onions topped it off. It is aptly named the "Vermonter". I look forward to trying the rest of the menu there. Everything is made from top quality ingredients. If you are looking for something very regional in nature, excellent ingredients and inexpensive this place would be hard to top.

Visited August 2011