“A high quality "localvore" take on American summer eating.”

Black Bear Sugarworks Farm Stand
Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: We are moving to Brooklyn, New York. With luck we should be open by late August.
Reviewed July 20, 2011

The Black Bear Sugarworks Farmstand is a great place to go get lunch on a summer afternoon. Most items on the menu are traditionally cheep and junky elsewhere, but instead are made with good ingredients and patience. When eating there I have try the chili cheese dog made with local grass feed beef, year old grafton cheddar cheese, and homemade chili. I will firmly stand by my beliefe that it is probably the best chili cheese you will ever eat. I have also had the old fashioned raspberry cream soda which was made infront of me using real cream, raspberries, and maple syrup as sweetener. It was incredibly fresh, creamy, and just sweet enough. Defiantly an excellant alternative to "normal" soda. Also, the soft serve ice cream was probably the best I have had. In fact, it was the only maple soft serve I have ever had and it too lived up to the quality of the other products at the stand. Oh and I can't leave out the delicious maple syrup and maple candy, that comes in a variety of grades, container sizes, and container types. While I have yet to try the other items on the menu I can only imagine that they are of the same caliber as what I have tried.

3  Thank kcrocker93