“Fantastic bread and sandwiches, skip dessert (except ice cream)”

Amy's Bakery Arts Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Brattleboro
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: wonderful breads, croissants, sweets, etc. Excellent lunch menu: sandwiches, soups, good coffee, tea. Small seating area overlooking CT River. Should be listed with you.
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Once you get past the bottleneck at the door, a constricted area where you place your order or buy bread and pastries to go, there's a very inviting eating area overlooking the river in the rear. The walls display work of local artists and are usually extremely appealing. Brattleboro, after all, is one of those "artsy"New England towns, maybe the niftiest of all of them.

Amy's breakfast and lunch sandwiches are terrific -- the fillings are fresh and healthy and the breads exceptional. I am not a fan of "wholesome" pastries and don't require that my desserts be gluten-free OR high fiber, and I find Amy's granola-ish offerings grim and dispiriting if not downright nasty. However, they do serve superb ice cream to finish off your meal.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

The food is quite tasty and they hang local artists' work on their walls. The eating area overlooks the Connecticut River.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

The muffins and bread wonderful. The sandwiches great and the salads, you have to try them all.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

I went for a sandwich and got a turkey special which had slabs of fresh turkey (not thin sliced supermarket store stuff), cranberry relish, tomatoes, lettuce, on sour dough bread. The sandwich was quite large and tasty. Couldn't help myself when I saw the croissants in the pastry case. Seems to me you can't go wrong here.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

after a week of eating our way through our fall foliage tour of vermont, we had just about given up on getting a good meal at a good price..we stopped by amy's on a whim and it was absolutely delicious..and very reasonable..i had a turkey blt sandwich, with avacado and it was amazing..and huge..followed by the best carrot cake cupcake i have ever had in my life..my husband had bowl of lentil soup...he loved it..i didnt love his soup just because i dont love curry, but it was tasty..we shared a gus soda which was yummy..we will absolutely return here in the future..this place truly rocks!