“Wow seafood...in Vermont!”
Review of Gillies Restaurant - CLOSED

Gillies Restaurant
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Like most good seafood restaurants I've tried, Gillies' decor is really bland, but the menu is terrific. My husband had the cioppino and thought it was as good as he's had in Marseilles and other Mediterranean ports. I ordered seafood Alfredo and it had tons of shrimp and scallops in a sinfully rich cream sauce. Very satisfying. This restaurant also has something you can't find in a lot of seafood places -- a good selection of well-prepared vegetables. The waitress was extra helpful and the owner (I think) came by to say "Hi" and make sure we were happy. We certainly were.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We have been to Gillies at least 6 times over the last four months and have sampled many items from the menu; soups,
clams, mussels, calamari, swordfish, sea bass, to name a few dishes.
The food is ALWAYS fresh and properly seasoned, we have never been anything but completely satisfied with our meals.
The staff is friendly, welcoming, and there is pleasant conversation at the bar.
They also have a fish market on the premises if you're in the mood to cook at home.
Gillies has become one of our favorite places for seafood.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Food was excellent. My wife order a shrimp basket, and only received 7 shrimp and fries for $13.99 but no cole slaw. The Shrimp was of good size and I thought the value was a good price. I had ordered the fisherman combo platter I had the option of ordering two or three items I choose three, whole belly clams, oyster and shrimp.My order was $23.99. my order came with french fries and cole slaw. My order was so plentiful that I had to take half of it home. The parking lot was dark and was not lit at all. Inside the structure would be ideal for a Mediterranean menu

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Food was delicious, staff very friendly. Great casual place, held wedding reheasal dinner here. Alot of fun.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The restaurant had great prices and even better food. The king crab legs were very generous large sized legs not the puny ones, not even one puny one. The New England clam chowder was loaded with clams and the lobster Mac n cheese was full of lobster and had a nice crispy crust on top. I very much enjoyed the attentive chef who came out to see how we were enjoying he was friendly and even took the time to teach us a little about seafood. Me and my boyfriend were very impressed by the whole experience and plan to stop by on our next trip to vt.