“You had me at -Vampire Chasers”

The New England House
Ranked #19 of 110 Restaurants in Brattleboro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a family run restaurant offering classic and creative New England fare in a rustic New England atmosphere with our barn style lounge, covered bridge dining room and fireplaces.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This restaurant is charming. The service was friendly and attentive. We dug into the vampire chasers (homemade bread topped with Brie that has been mixed with roasted garlic) and were hooked. The salads use field greens and the blue cheese dressing with excellent. Everyone in our party enjoyed their entrees. I loved the salmon crusted in horseradish with a lemon butter sauce.
The dessert we chose was a not too sweet cheese cake with raspberry sauce. They ask you to turn off your cellphone when you arrive so don't plan on yakking on the phone here. You will have to talk to your dinner companions instead.

1  Thank Phyllis H

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We chose this restaurant simply because we had always loved and really miss the Bernardston Inn. We were not disappointed. I had to order the vampire chasers for nostalgia. Our meals were wonderful, staff was attentive, and dessert was out of this world!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stopped here for an early dinner on our way home from skiing at Mt. Snow. We have eaten here before and the food and service were always excellent. This time was no exception.
Our server, Jolene, was friendly and accommodating... attentive without hovering.
I ordered a steak, which was cooked exactly the way I had ordered it, and my husband had soup, then chicken marsala, which he enjoyed.
These folks are doing it right, in a refreshingly unpretentious way.

Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Whether it's for a Special Occasion or just an excellent meal, this is the place! Add to it the atmoshere and character and you'll be very happy.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have gone to many so call steak houses and they have sometime some difficulty cooking it and I always tell them if you served it on hoof, they would have no complaints from me. As you walked into the lobby you are greeted by a very personnel young lady. The waitress was very attentive. They do everything they could to make your time there very pleasant