All reviews movie theater art deco main street mountain view same building downtown brattleboro continental breakfast co op street noise connecticut river original fixtures record player the silver screen room vintage hotel step back in time bars and restaurants third floor
Selected filters
Reviewed October 22, 2018

I have traveled to every state and stayed in some sketchy places, but this one took the cake. The people were very friendly, however the property was horrible. The bed was nothing short of a box spring. The towels were stained and thin and that is just getting started. The window latches were broken and window would not stay closed. Dresser drawers were dirty, etc. Enough said. I rarely give Terrible ratings on Trip Adviser, but i don't want to see someone else get stung by this place.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank kareno184
LatchisHotelGM, General Manager at Latchis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2019

We are extremely proud of the historic Latchis Hotel and Theatre and are confident in the comfort and service we provide to our guests. I'm sorry this guest felt the room they booked at the Latchis Hotel did not meet their expectation. We would have been happy to accommodate this guest in another room had we been alerted to the dissatisfaction.

Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for one night in September as we passed through Brattleboro on our New England roadtrip.
Memories of staying here will last our lifetime. It was a truly unique experience.
We were given a very warm and professional welcome from Jonathon and we were delighted to be given The Silver Screen Room.
The rooms are located within the same building as the 30s cinema. There's lots of original features and architectural details to explore and enjoy.
This building has been beautifully retired and maintained.
The Silver Screen Room has bags of character and overlooks the street towards the Connecticut River.
Very spacious with comfortable bed and double fronted windows, the room features a period style bathroom.
Jonathon offered us tickets to see a movie which we gratefully accepted.
Along with only one other visitor we sat munching our popcorn in the main theatre. It was an amazing experience in such a beautiful environment
Breakfast is basic with coffee , bagels and toast in the dining area down stairs.
Free WiFi
Free parking
Highly recommended

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2018

A pleasant, somewhat retro hotel. Clean rooms. Comfortable beds. But noisy hallways and fairly thin walls. One of my friends looked at the stone hallways and mused (in jest) that it might have been a prison at one point. If you are a light sleeper, take earplugs.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
LatchisHotelGM, General Manager at Latchis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Thank you for staying with us at the Latchis Hotel and Theatre which just celebrated it's 80th anniversary! We are please that you enjoyed your comfortable stay with us and are glad that you and your friends appreciated, as we do, our original historic interior that have gracefully welcomed eighty years of hotel and theatre guests. As the Hotel GM, I am proud to be part of the team that oversees the operation and care of this historic, solid gem of a hotel. They don't build them like this anymore, sadly.

Reviewed September 28, 2018

I just got back from a four day stay in Brattleboro, Vermont at the Latchis Hotel. I'll let other people describe this beautiful hotel. I'm going to tell you about the excellent staff and comfortable room.

Jonathan and his fellow staff members were kind, helpful, and fun to be around. Although the continental breakfast was not officially available until 7:00am, I was able to get them to make coffee at 6:30 with just a few kind words. The only thing I wish was included was some eggs, hardboiled or otherwise. Yogurt was available, but I'm too finicky to be satisfied by that. The rest of the items, toast, bagels, blueberry muffins, cereal, and the usual light breakfast items were fresh and plentiful.

My bed on the third floor was comfortable and provided this light sleeper with comfort and a good night's sleep. My room was clean, tidy, and a relief to come home to after full days spent at the festival that I was in town for.

I highly recommend the Latchis Hotel if you plan to stay in Brattleboro

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2018

Let me start by saying if you are looking for a super 5 star ritzy hotel, move on this place is not for you. This is a very wonderful vintage hotel that should be enjoyed for its style and beauty. In my opinion you can stay at some fancy new hotel any place any time but you only get to stay in history ever so often. The staff was very nice and informative. So stay at this hotel, relax, go see a movie and enjoy this treasure.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Randall1963
LatchisHotelGM, General Manager at Latchis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Bravo and thank you for your review! As we keep restoring this old gem of a hotel and theatre, we keep in mind that we are historic, fun and in a super neat place in Southern Vermont. Brattleboro is a pretty nifty place to visit and get away and we are fortunate to be the caretakers of this great building. As you said we are not a ritzy or glitzy NYC or Boston "restored" historic hotel but we have our own smaller kind of "galmour" and make every attempt to please our guests.

Looking forward to your return visit and thanks for choosing the Latchis Hotel and Theatre for your stay.

Jonathan