“Couldn't wait to leave.......”

Super 8 Brattleboro
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Connecticut
“Couldn't wait to leave.......”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just returned from 2 nights in Brattleboro and the NOT so "Super 8". I orgionally booked directly with the hotel for $128.00 for 2 nights. The day before we left, I checked on Travelocity and saw they had it for $104.00 for 2 nights. Trying to save a few bucks...... which I would have no problem spending locally.........I decided to call the hotel and cancel the direct reservation and stay with the Travelocity for less money. Should have known better !! I was promptly informed that it was better to book directly as to "get what I requested". I arrived and was again greeted with " you should have booked directly with us".....We requested a non-smoking room and were given a non-smoking room on the first floor which smelled terribly of cigerette smoke and deodorizer. ( Good thing we stopped at Yankee Candle on the way ). Just waiting to see if they charge my credit card for "incidentals" or the "$300.00" fee for smoking in the room.......will keep you all posted.....be warned....stay elsewhere if you don't like cigerette smoke !!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BCManagement, General Manager at Super 8 Brattleboro, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I want to let you know that we utilize our guest feedback to make improvements at the hotel on a daily basis. I am sorry to hear about the problems you experienced during your stay with us. I would like to let you know that certain travel agents do not guarantee room types when you book through them which is mainly why the room is cheaper. However I would like to make you aware that we do price match all travel agent prices while guaranteeing you a room type. I wanted to add that we have had our ventilation system changed and we think we have fixed the problem with smoke going to hallways. Once again I am very sorry about the problems during your stay and I hope you will return and give us another opportunity to serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New Windsor, New York
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Unfortunately our stay was unpleasant in several ways. Stayed there for three nights with my son and his friend. They each got a double bed and I opted for a springy cot at 10 dollars per night extra. Very uncomfortable but far worse there was a very unpleasant odor that caused us to buy a room deoderizer at the local co-op and keep the window open all night. Adding to this, we would return to our room each day to find our dirty towels replaced by new ones on the racks but they were wet. We never knew if they were the same towels or not, this was repeated each of the three days of our stay. Perhaps the price was reasonable but not with the above circumstances. We still left a gratuity, more than likely undeserved.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BCManagement, General Manager at Super 8 Brattleboro, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We utilize all of our guest feedback in order to improve the motel on a daily basis. I am sorry that the cot was not the most comfortable I will look into ordering some sort of pillow top or mattress bad for them in an effort to make them more comfortable for guests. I have talked to housekeeping and addressed the towel issues so they will be more vigilant to avoid these problems in the future. Once again thank you and I am sorry about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay it is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and make things right.

Travelers are raving about these Brattleboro hotels