“Needs renovation or close the doors gives Ramada a bad name!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Helena, Montana
“Needs renovation or close the doors gives Ramada a bad name!”
Reviewed October 15, 2010

We went to New England for a fall foilage cruise and stayed on for 4 days to tour Vt., Mass., and New Hampshire. Our first night off the cruise we drove from Boston to Brattleboro, Vt. and stayed at the Ramada Inn. The hotel is falling apart and it is in such need of renovation. The bed was okay and there was a new television, but other than that it was a mess. I could go on and on, but you get the picture. The location is great and the staff was fine. It was a very run-down hotel and I wouldn't want others to not know this. P&J from Mt.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Winchester, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 14, 2010

This was the only place I could find a month in advance for the night of October 9th, anywhere near Brattleboro. Online reviews I read did not give me high expectations. We booked what was supposed to be a King-size bed for something like $109 on Expedia - in the event we got a queen-sized bed. We survived. No bed bugs. I had no idea there was supposed to be breakfast included or wifi, so I was not disappointed by the lack of it. Piles of construction debris outside the building. A very dark and foreboding hallway. We did not feel particularly safe. The bathroom was not clean. The TV reception was terrible.

1 Thank OriginalThomas144

Travelers are raving about these Brattleboro hotels

Albany, NY
Reviewed October 13, 2010

My wife and I found the hotel acceptable. Front desk staff was ok. Our room appeared to be clean and there were no bedbugs. Flat screen tv was nice. The room walls were alittle dated and there were fixture anchors visable from older placements. The charge for the room was higher than what you get for the money but I believe all the lodging in vermont during this weekend overchargers for peak season.

West Warwick
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed 2 nights both nights we were suppose to have one room with two double beds, I was traveling with my 3 kids, one who was 18. When we received our keys/cards, the lady at the front desk said ok you have a king size bed, I said no I have two nights with two double beds each night. She said no worries your room has a king bed and a couch that pulls out to a queen sleeper, I said ok. We went to our room and there was no couch. I did not go and complain because they were so busy. Lets say sleeping that night was interesting with four people in one bed. Their free breakfast was these teeny tiny muffins, and there were only a few of them left, there was coffee also but I don’t drink it. The second night we stayed was worse, we checked in again, (our nights were separated by a night because they were so busy) we had to wait for over 30 minutes in line, you would think knowing it was one of their most busiest time they would have two people at the desk. They lady was giving out rooms that were still being renovated. Guest was coming back complaining their rooms were not usable. The lady at the desk was very snotty saying well your just going to have to wait, I am helping a customer. When I got my cards to go in, the handle fell off the door on the inside and the outside was about to. My room was usable at least. My oldest son kind of fixed the door handle. Then the toilet got plugged, we called the office and she said the cleaning man just left that she would try and find a plunger, well lets just say after the 4th call we knew we weren’t getting anywhere, they did offer to move us, but come on we were already settled in and everything. So we never did get a plunger, the free wireless sucked, and you don’t get many TV channels, and what we did get sucked too. If you only have to pay $59 dollars, guess you cant expect much, but if you have to take a crap do it early before everyone goes home, otherwise you wont get any help.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Tam1986
Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This was our first trip in years. We prefer the Ramada Chain as we used to always stay at Ramada years ago and we have always been happy with all their hotels.This trip was no different.

Upon arrival, we saw a lot of work taking place inside and outside the hotel. We were told they were switching Hotel Chains. In spite of the activity, we did not experience any delays checking in and had a relatively undisturbed stay there.

Our room had obviously been part of the upgrading taking place, as almost everything appeared to be new in the room. Essentially, we enjoyed the Hotel and never had any negative issues to report. Even the price of the room was decent. We would stay there again if we ever find ourselves in that sweet little City of Brattleboro.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 6, 2010

My first clue should've been the sign as I pulled up that read "all hotel furniture for sale". They were in the midst of remodeling, which in itself isn't a bad thing, but when you add the dirty rooms and lack of service it was too much of a disgusting visit. I had to stay only because I couldn't get into any other hotel in the area (I tried! Believe me - I called every other hotel and tried to find another room to no avail). The "breakfast" is a joke (only muffins the size of quarters and coffee) and the pool, although they claim it is "heated" is not. My bathroom had no drain caps in the tub or sink, there was visible mold on the shower liner, and the room refrigerator had to have a towel stuffed in it to absorb the freezer's over-active defrosting.....I can go on and on, but why? Simple solution is just to NOT STAY HERE. PERIOD.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
St. Louis
Reviewed October 5, 2010

The only way this place could receive 5 stars in a review is if family and friends of the owner wrote it.

The staff was very unprofessional and looked miserable. While I was checking in the manager reprimanded an employee in front of me for using the computer to print something. I was lied to regarding internet availability. The manager said they had wireless internet access. When I called down to see why it was not working, he told me that they were having issues with their provider. When I called again the following day, he admitted that the equipment was not even turned on. It never worked the entire two-night stay. The sofa that was in our room was filthy as was the shower head. Surprisingly, the one positive thing I will say about the place is there were no bugs, but that could simple be due to the fact they refuse to stay here.

The "continental" breakfast consisted of pastries and coffee so questionable that one guest asked if it was from this morning.

Apparently, they changed from the Red Roof Inn (according to the label on the room phones) to the Ramada (sign outside) and now Quality Inn (the bill). They are renovating as a part of this change, but my guess is that it should amount to no more than dressing Amy Winehouse in George from Wal-Mart.

While they apologize for the inconvenience during the construction, what they should be apologizing for is charging anything more than $29.99 a night.

2 Thank gowanby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brattleboro
Colonial Motel & Spa
Latchis Hotel
Latchis Hotel
#3 of 10 in Brattleboro
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!