“Truly Bizzare”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Reviewed March 7, 2009

I recommended the Ramada to out of town guests who were visiting Brattleboro for the biggest event of the year...the reopening of the olympic ski jump on the weekend of Feb. 13th 2009. Service is none existant at this Ramada. The night my guests checked in, the disheveled 60ish front desk clerk was wearing a baseball cap turned sideways, ala "gangsta" style. She then proceeded to tell me and my guests (who were standing in front of her) that they were not due to arrive until the following night. I told her that was not correct, I had booked the entire three day stay two days before with "Amanda". Her reply was, "I didn't say they can't stay here. I only told you when they're supposed to arrive." It all went down hill from there over the next three days. Each encounter with the front desk was a reflection of what corporate organized profit seeking does to the standards of quality in employees. They don't give a hoot because they don't reap any significant rewards. If we walk out, it's no loss to them.

On Feb. 14th, 2009 I began communicating with the corporate "customer care" 800 number for Ramada. I see clearly where the problem lies. They don't give a hoot either. The entire Ramada food chain is bizzare, right on up to the supervisors of Ramada's "Customer Care-less" division.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed February 23, 2009

Me and my son, recently flew out to vermont to visit my family who lives in Putney. As far as all these other people are concered, I have no idea what their talking about. The place needs some work but I found it cozy and rustic. The pool and Game room were a definate plus since I was traveling with son who is seven. My room was cozy and clean and it was nice that the heat was turned on when we got to our room. As far as price it was fairly reasonable considering the fact they have a pool wifi and other amenities. I would definatly stay there again when visiting!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2008

It was leaf-peeping season so we knew it would be difficult to find a place to stay. We stopped early and that was a good idea. We supposedly got the last room in a sixty mile radius. We checked in at 7:25 p.m. Since rooms were at a premium they gouged us quite a bit on price, $160.00 for a Red Roof Inn, Ouch! The "dude" at the desk told us our room wasn't ready yet and wouldn't be for a while, I told him that was ok because we had to go eat dinner anyway. We came back an hour later and our room still wasn't ready, along with an entire lobby full of angry customers, some of whom had been waiting for hours. Their internet wasn't working and their lobby wasn't a nice enough place to want to hang-out for two or three hours. We finally got our room at 10:15 p.m. The room was ok, but given a choice I'd have to say No No No.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2007

The building is old and does not deserve to be named "Quality Inn". To pay more than $100 for a room is unacceptable. Although the owners seem to try their best to make the rooms tidy, the appearance from the facade to the hallway is very depressing. The building is oozing with the smell of old property. The bathroom is outdated, water drains from the tub a slow as molasses, you fear something may get stuck when flushing the toilet, etc. Do your self a favor and stay at newer properties nearby.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2007

I am a travel agent and I should have known better.
Got into Brattleboro late in the day and all the 800 number hotels were booked up...

Got a AAA rate on this MOTEL from Hell--- $107 PN!!!!!!!
It wasn't even worth $49 pn like the Super 8...

The room was MUSTY smelling- at the back of the hotel.
The door to the outside -in the back- had NO LOCK and a hole in the Steel frame that was big enuf for a family of rats to get in...

Toilet kept moving OFF the floor when you sat down.
Shower floor has NO grips on it and you will slide unless you hold on to the grab bar...Hard to do while trying to take a shower.

TV kept going OFF every 20 min- and you had to click it back on- MAJOR pain in the butt. AND the front desk KNOWS this ahead of time and tells NO ONE!!!!!!!!!

WORST THING--THE ROACHES that ran across the floor in the bathroom....

Breakfast- forget it- we did not stay and went instead into downtown Brattleboro for a good bkfst.

The owner- who is Indian- and also owns the Hampton Inn next door- said they had 24/7 security and security cameras-- I said it was dark and there was no way anyone could be in the front of the building and the back at the same time to PREVENT anyone who was NOT staying at the hotel to get in ...we were on the 1st floor.

I told him I was going to report it on Trip Advisor- he didn't seem to really care- kept telling me the hotel was undergoing renovations- As I re=read other who stayed in OCT 2006- seems that was the same excuse given in 2006- UPKEEP is NON-EXISTENT---

They also CHARGE for the safe in YOUR ROOM CLOSET...Ours did not work---When we checked out, the girl at the desk said they charge ONLY if you use it..NO OTHER HOTEL in existence does that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She also said she removed the safe charge from the bill...

The owner put the bill $25 lower- so we got the GREAT RATE of $89 for a hotel that was NOT EVEN WORTH $49....

ALL I CAN SAY is GUEST BEWARE------DO NOT STAY HERE- it is a DUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mymadel
Reviewed August 17, 2007

I stayed here once before and recalled a better stay. What I mean by that is the breakfast buffet had a larger selection than my most recent stay. Also, the tub had a drainage problem so when showering I was up to my ankles in water. I guess they were doing some type of construction work near the property involving the water line, because when I turned on the faucet in the bathroom the water was muddy brown. They have an indoor and outdoor pool. The indoor pool was not heated and was ice cold. Couldn't stay in very long at all without your muscles cramping.

The king size bed was comfortable and slept well, the wifi access also worked well as did the tv reception.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank e_e285
Reviewed October 30, 2006

We arrived at this hotel late on in the day and were imediately put off when we saw it. The hotel is run down and the decor very out of date. The rather fusty smell in reception didn't impress us much either. We were given the keys to our suite in the next building. While my husband parked the car, the kids, grandparents and I let ourselves into the annex. Immediately we were hit by a yet another fusty damp smell. We pressed on & let ourselves in. The kids ran upstairs to see the bedroom. (I was sure the advert said 2 bedrooms not 2 beds in a room). I followed the kids & gave them a row for messing up the beds. My son compained that they hadn't done anything then I noticed that not only were the beds unmade but the bins were still full of the last occupants food.
The staff were very nice & understanding about our immediate checking out & we were refunded immediately. The Hampton Inn which shares the car park (& most of the manaagement from the buisness cards on display) by contrast was a wonderful hotel & the same price as well.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family