“I dont understand I liked the place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
California
“I dont understand I liked the place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2009

Me and my son, recently flew out to vermont to visit my family who lives in Putney. As far as all these other people are concered, I have no idea what their talking about. The place needs some work but I found it cozy and rustic. The pool and Game room were a definate plus since I was traveling with son who is seven. My room was cozy and clean and it was nice that the heat was turned on when we got to our room. As far as price it was fairly reasonable considering the fact they have a pool wifi and other amenities. I would definatly stay there again when visiting!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
stillwater
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2008

It was leaf-peeping season so we knew it would be difficult to find a place to stay. We stopped early and that was a good idea. We supposedly got the last room in a sixty mile radius. We checked in at 7:25 p.m. Since rooms were at a premium they gouged us quite a bit on price, $160.00 for a Red Roof Inn, Ouch! The "dude" at the desk told us our room wasn't ready yet and wouldn't be for a while, I told him that was ok because we had to go eat dinner anyway. We came back an hour later and our room still wasn't ready, along with an entire lobby full of angry customers, some of whom had been waiting for hours. Their internet wasn't working and their lobby wasn't a nice enough place to want to hang-out for two or three hours. We finally got our room at 10:15 p.m. The room was ok, but given a choice I'd have to say No No No.

• Liked — The bed was actually good.
  • Disliked — The time it took to get our over-priced room.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Brattleboro hotels

Valley Forge, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2007

The building is old and does not deserve to be named "Quality Inn". To pay more than $100 for a room is unacceptable. Although the owners seem to try their best to make the rooms tidy, the appearance from the facade to the hallway is very depressing. The building is oozing with the smell of old property. The bathroom is outdated, water drains from the tub a slow as molasses, you fear something may get stuck when flushing the toilet, etc. Do your self a favor and stay at newer properties nearby.

• Liked — Near Putney and I-91.
  • Disliked — Price does not equate with the property.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2007

I am a travel agent and I should have known better.
Got into Brattleboro late in the day and all the 800 number hotels were booked up...

Got a AAA rate on this MOTEL from Hell--- $107 PN!!!!!!!
It wasn't even worth $49 pn like the Super 8...

The room was MUSTY smelling- at the back of the hotel.
The door to the outside -in the back- had NO LOCK and a hole in the Steel frame that was big enuf for a family of rats to get in...

Toilet kept moving OFF the floor when you sat down.
Shower floor has NO grips on it and you will slide unless you hold on to the grab bar...Hard to do while trying to take a shower.

TV kept going OFF every 20 min- and you had to click it back on- MAJOR pain in the butt. AND the front desk KNOWS this ahead of time and tells NO ONE!!!!!!!!!

WORST THING--THE ROACHES that ran across the floor in the bathroom....

Breakfast- forget it- we did not stay and went instead into downtown Brattleboro for a good bkfst.

The owner- who is Indian- and also owns the Hampton Inn next door- said they had 24/7 security and security cameras-- I said it was dark and there was no way anyone could be in the front of the building and the back at the same time to PREVENT anyone who was NOT staying at the hotel to get in ...we were on the 1st floor.

I told him I was going to report it on Trip Advisor- he didn't seem to really care- kept telling me the hotel was undergoing renovations- As I re=read other who stayed in OCT 2006- seems that was the same excuse given in 2006- UPKEEP is NON-EXISTENT---

They also CHARGE for the safe in YOUR ROOM CLOSET...Ours did not work---When we checked out, the girl at the desk said they charge ONLY if you use it..NO OTHER HOTEL in existence does that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She also said she removed the safe charge from the bill...

The owner put the bill $25 lower- so we got the GREAT RATE of $89 for a hotel that was NOT EVEN WORTH $49....

ALL I CAN SAY is GUEST BEWARE------DO NOT STAY HERE- it is a DUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Disliked — IT should be COMPLETELY torn down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In HORRID shape
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mymadel
Vermont
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2007

I stayed here once before and recalled a better stay. What I mean by that is the breakfast buffet had a larger selection than my most recent stay. Also, the tub had a drainage problem so when showering I was up to my ankles in water. I guess they were doing some type of construction work near the property involving the water line, because when I turned on the faucet in the bathroom the water was muddy brown. They have an indoor and outdoor pool. The indoor pool was not heated and was ice cold. Couldn't stay in very long at all without your muscles cramping.

The king size bed was comfortable and slept well, the wifi access also worked well as did the tv reception.

• Liked — the king bed and wifi access
  • Disliked — breakfast buffet, location and water quality in my room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank e_e285
Scotland UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2006

We arrived at this hotel late on in the day and were imediately put off when we saw it. The hotel is run down and the decor very out of date. The rather fusty smell in reception didn't impress us much either. We were given the keys to our suite in the next building. While my husband parked the car, the kids, grandparents and I let ourselves into the annex. Immediately we were hit by a yet another fusty damp smell. We pressed on & let ourselves in. The kids ran upstairs to see the bedroom. (I was sure the advert said 2 bedrooms not 2 beds in a room). I followed the kids & gave them a row for messing up the beds. My son compained that they hadn't done anything then I noticed that not only were the beds unmade but the bins were still full of the last occupants food.
The staff were very nice & understanding about our immediate checking out & we were refunded immediately. The Hampton Inn which shares the car park (& most of the manaagement from the buisness cards on display) by contrast was a wonderful hotel & the same price as well.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank Izzle
Pacific NW
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2006

This hotel is not in Battleboro proper, so is inconvenient unless you have a car. We had to take a taxi to find a decent place to eat dinner, not being fond of Indian food, plus it is not a good location to walk at night. Odor of Indian food permeates the area.

Our room had a toilet that leaked on the floor & no staff to deal with it. Ice maker on the floor was not working. Breakfast was OK if you like eating off disposables but it's hard to cut a waffle with a small plastic knife.

This hoel is definitely over rated and due for either a refurbishment or a downgrade.

• Tips/Secrets — Look for better quality and rates.
  • Stayed October 2006
2 Thank Cedarina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brattleboro
Colonial Motel & Spa
Latchis Hotel
Latchis Hotel
#2 of 10 in Brattleboro
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Riverside Hotel, an Ascend Hotel...
#2 of 2 in West Chesterfield

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!