“Live on the edge if you dare!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed at the Quality Inn in Brattleboro VT on July 18th 2013. Let me start by saying I stayed here once a few years ago and had an uneventful stay. This trip was different. Checked in and the lobby looks run down. My room was just as booked but it also was quite run down, the carpet had quite a few dark stains and it smelled dank. Had a decent nights sleep and woke to find a few blood spots on the sheets. Hoping for the best I grabbed a coffee and checked out. Coffee with the ONLY thing I would touch at the breakfast buffet, not very appetizing.

Woke the next day back at home and I had over 100 bed bug bite welts all over my body including my face. The Quality Inn in VT and Choice Hotels Int. have been very unresponsive to the situation and have not given so much as a apology, let alone any compensation.

Another thing about this property, there are many side doors into the building and none of them have key card locks or locks of any kind for that matter. Brattleboro has quite a few unsavory characters and there is nothing to keep them out.

The rates here are cheap, is most cases you get what you pay for. Here I got much more!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Gary E
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel was without a doubt the most revolting room I have ever stayed in. Although the management claims the hotel is "smoke-free," all of my and my sons' clothing reeked of cigarettes after staying in that pit for just one night. The hotel certainly does not enforce their smoke-free policy: not only did most of the rooms there smell like ash trays (was there for a lax tournament and everyone was horrified by the stench of their rooms), but I also noticed a man sauntering down the hallway the morning we were leaveing, cigarette in hand without consequence. I voiced my concern to the front desk manager whose cavalier and seemingly well-rehearsed response belied his feigned surprise by my upset/irritation. To top it off, when finally falling asleep, found carpenter ants in my bed. Will never go there or any Quality Inn ever again!

2  Thank Cricket B
Qualityinnvt027, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Kindly accept our sincerest apologies over the smell of the room. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as this will be acted upon immediately. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We would never expect any of our guests to accept sub par accommodations. Quality Inn of Brattleboro is a smoke free property and our staff work diligently to make sure our guests receive exactly what they expect.

Additionally, we are also a full service hotel and have staff available 24 hours a day. We request that if any of our guests have an issue to please call the supervisor and we will work diligently to make sure it is resolved.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had reservations to stay as this dump July 5th and 6th (2013) for a lacrosse tournament. If you are a smoker and tolerate filth you will love this pit.

All the reviews that claim this hotel is "decent" are all complete lies from paid reviewers and 100% fictional. Do not be fooled. Unfortunately for us -- we arrived at 10:00pm, got our room keys and headed to our dirty and stinking room. Honestly it was like I was stepping into a bar in East Providence, year -- 1977. I first thought was, someone has just finished a pack of cigarettes in this room 20 minutes ago. My two teenage sons would not enter the room. My wife refused to bring our bags past the threshold.

We promptly returned to the lobby and explained the nonplused manager that we had accidentally been given a "smokers" room -- to which he replied "that is impossible, this entire hotel is non-smoking". How he was able to complete that sentence with a straight face earned him an Academy Award. Unflinchingly, he explained we "could take it or leave it".

Desperately I searched four other hotels in Brattleboro, while my family stayed in the lobby of this dump. Miraculously I was able to find a room at the Holiday Inn Express at 11pm, which ironically only had a "smoking" room to offer -- but 100-times more tolerable than the squalor and stench of the "Quality" Inn.

This hotel is a trap ... I hope you never have to stay here..

Room Tip: Whole hotel stinks.
1  Thank Rich S

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. My team & I take feedback very serious, and I apologize that we did not meet up to your expectations. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not a happy stay, as we strive to give our best. I hope you are able to give us another chance to show you that we can provide a clean room, and can meet a your needs.
As I have mentioned in a previous TA feedback. We have staff that is working 24 hours a day.
Our professional staff will always work diligently to meet the expectations of our valuable guests without exception.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in July for a lacrosse tournement with my 12 year old son. We were with his team and were boooked through a sports travel company that his team uses. I would have left after entering the lobby but my son wanted to stay with his friends.

After checking in we walked up the most discusting and filthy stairways I have ever seen. The room was old and smelly with the wallpaper literally peeling off the walls. It was 95 degrees outside so you can only imagine the smell of this nasty mold ridden hotel room. I went to the front desk and asked for a newer room and they actually told me that they had just spent 2 million dollars fixing up the hotel.

Bottom line, I would sleep in my car before staying here again. Stay away.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Total turn-off. So we rent three rooms because we're holding a weekend getaway with the ladies from our church. As soon as we get there the rooms 'aren't ready'. When they finally are, there is no toilet paper in my room and no shower curtain in another. Thus begins my trek, back and forth to the counter. The curtain which opens up to the parking is broken. So anyone can see inside my room. When the maintenance person comes to fix it I notice he's intoxicated! When I go to check my bed,to my dismay,I find a bug. Every time I speak with the general manager, she always has an excuse. When confronted about the bug she claims that that particular hotel is on some state list about being sanitary, or something to that effect. It was always a lose- lose for me. While trying to sleep there was people drinking outside and clowning around. Some rooms had multiple pets. Stains on the carpets. On our first day we couldn't get in the indoor pool because it was being "maintained". My question, " The whole day?" On our second day, we finally get to go in the "heated" pool. It was freezing cold!!! No plate in the microwave. The phone in my room wasn't working. So you know what the G.M. tells me? Use the phone that's on the counter. Really? We want to use the conference room and guess what? It's a separate charge. $188 for 5 hours!! The sitting areas in the lobby were bad. Non-working fireplace. There seems to be construction being done but no sign letting anyone know. And the manager still thinks there's no problem! Not only am I writing this review, I'm taking this to corporate. There's more...now they're trying to get us to pay for new carpet by accusing us of staining their already stained carpet. Very nice Quality Inn...you lost future business because of your incompetent management.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn across the street.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were greeting so warmly, I felt like we were welcomed as family! The restaurant was amazing! The food was DELICIOUS!!! Even the fries my daughter had were the best I have ever had! We were greeted by I think the chef or the manager of the restaurant right when we checked in. He invited us to come on down and get dinner, which was so nice. So glad we did! The woman who checked us in was so friendly and accommodating. I felt they were genuinley nice people and not just being fake because that's their job like the other hotels.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Words can not express how awful this place was! Honestly, it was one of those experiences where we seriously thought about buying sleeping bags to put on the beds. The hotel was very dated and smelled terribly of smoke and wet dog. The beds were lumpy, pillows scary and sheets stained. The pool scared my kids...it was old and not well kept to say the least. How it passed any health inspection is beyond me! The breakfast was horrible- runny or dry eggs, depending on the day, pancakes all in one lump, weak coffee, crunchy fruit. The restaurant was also very dirty, as though it had not been cleaned from the previous nights usage. We got the distinct impression that the hotel was rented out by either the week or month to locals. We saw several dogs on leashes with their owners in the hall and the rooms at the ends seemed to have a succession of people coming and going. How this place maintains the Quality name is just beyond me. The Hampton Inn is across the parking lot...STAY THERE!!! Even though this place was less expensive we are all traumatized and still showering to get the stench off us!!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family