“Never going back!!!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Total turn-off. So we rent three rooms because we're holding a weekend getaway with the ladies from our church. As soon as we get there the rooms 'aren't ready'. When they finally are, there is no toilet paper in my room and no shower curtain in another. Thus begins my trek, back and forth to the counter. The curtain which opens up to the parking is broken. So anyone can see inside my room. When the maintenance person comes to fix it I notice he's intoxicated! When I go to check my bed,to my dismay,I find a bug. Every time I speak with the general manager, she always has an excuse. When confronted about the bug she claims that that particular hotel is on some state list about being sanitary, or something to that effect. It was always a lose- lose for me. While trying to sleep there was people drinking outside and clowning around. Some rooms had multiple pets. Stains on the carpets. On our first day we couldn't get in the indoor pool because it was being "maintained". My question, " The whole day?" On our second day, we finally get to go in the "heated" pool. It was freezing cold!!! No plate in the microwave. The phone in my room wasn't working. So you know what the G.M. tells me? Use the phone that's on the counter. Really? We want to use the conference room and guess what? It's a separate charge. $188 for 5 hours!! The sitting areas in the lobby were bad. Non-working fireplace. There seems to be construction being done but no sign letting anyone know. And the manager still thinks there's no problem! Not only am I writing this review, I'm taking this to corporate. There's more...now they're trying to get us to pay for new carpet by accusing us of staining their already stained carpet. Very nice Quality Inn...you lost future business because of your incompetent management.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton Inn across the street.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were greeting so warmly, I felt like we were welcomed as family! The restaurant was amazing! The food was DELICIOUS!!! Even the fries my daughter had were the best I have ever had! We were greeted by I think the chef or the manager of the restaurant right when we checked in. He invited us to come on down and get dinner, which was so nice. So glad we did! The woman who checked us in was so friendly and accommodating. I felt they were genuinley nice people and not just being fake because that's their job like the other hotels.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Words can not express how awful this place was! Honestly, it was one of those experiences where we seriously thought about buying sleeping bags to put on the beds. The hotel was very dated and smelled terribly of smoke and wet dog. The beds were lumpy, pillows scary and sheets stained. The pool scared my kids...it was old and not well kept to say the least. How it passed any health inspection is beyond me! The breakfast was horrible- runny or dry eggs, depending on the day, pancakes all in one lump, weak coffee, crunchy fruit. The restaurant was also very dirty, as though it had not been cleaned from the previous nights usage. We got the distinct impression that the hotel was rented out by either the week or month to locals. We saw several dogs on leashes with their owners in the hall and the rooms at the ends seemed to have a succession of people coming and going. How this place maintains the Quality name is just beyond me. The Hampton Inn is across the parking lot...STAY THERE!!! Even though this place was less expensive we are all traumatized and still showering to get the stench off us!!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this moderate hotel. The price was very inexpensive and a good location. The continental breakfast was average, lwith cold items and a few hot items. The breakfast room was on the 3rd floor, which was unusal as most hotels have them on the 1st floor and near the lobby. For 1 night only, it was a nice experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank borntotravel863
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The Quality Inn offers a hot breakfast daily with a balanced meal of protein, fruit, carbs, and condiments. The meal is a sumptuous complement to their economical services. Thank you, Mark and Christie!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I am amazed that the Quality Inn brand allows this dump to use its name. I used to trust that a reservation at a Quality Inn would result in a good night's sleep in a clean hotel. After this experience I have lost that trust. The place stinks of smoke... I was assured that the whole building was smoke free when I made my reservation. The room also stunk of smoke so it was not a great surprise to find a cigarette butt and ashes on the floor next to the head of the bed between the bed and nightstand. When we tried to open the door to exit the room, the interior door handle fell off and had to be jimmied back on in order to be able to exit. The so called sauna, pool, and fitness room are unsafe and absolutely disgusting...,,lights do not work, so called sauna does not work, pool is a health hazard and given the amount of smoking that goes on in this building, it is no wonder that the fitness room consists of a few pieces of outdated and broken equipment. DO NOT STAY AT THIS DISGUSTING HOLE. Quality Inn would be well advised to distance itself from this place.

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank Reggievt
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel two nights because it was a very good value. We were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of our room and the facility. The staff was very friendly, answering all of our questions, and we felt safe with the design of the location. The room had two double beds that were comfortable, we had a good night's sleep. There was a microwave, coffee machine and a refrigerator in the room.

Breakfast was very good ,clean room and had everything you need. They have very good on site restaurant.

Overall it was a very enjoyable experience and I am certain we will stay there the next time we visit Brattleboro area. Thank you Quality Inn! Sincerely, Jerry K.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brattleboro
Colonial Motel & Spa
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#10 of 10 in Brattleboro
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!