Quality Inn
Hotels.com
$135
$131
Agoda.com
All reviewssausageoutdoor poolwaffleswould stay againcoffee and tearoom was largevermont
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed here on September 29, 2012 and the place was a pit. Upon my arrival there were 2 different parties arguing with the front desk personnel about their rooms. I should of left immediately but there were no other rooms available in town. My room also looked over a slimy green pool. Carpeting was stained everywhere, paint coming off the doors and walls, toilet didn't work right, drain in tub didn't work, television channels came in bad, etc.
Go next door to the Hampton Inn or down the street to Motel 6. It can't be much worse than this place and is likely much cheaper.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here at the end of September 2012 and our room overlooked a dirty green pool. Also the side door leading to our floot was left open at night. Not secure at all. The parking lot spaces up front by the door are reserved for AVIS car custoners not guests of The Quality Inn. Really bad

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had a decent stop here at the Quality Inn with the exception noted in the next paragraph--room was clean and pleasant, the staff on check in and out were helpful and pleasant. Our small dog was with us--certainly nice to find acceptable stops when she is along. The area is beautiful, and Brattleboro is a nice town.

The flaw in our stay was the dinner in the hotel restaurant,—this is the story: A large party was expected which seemed to occupy all the restaurant staff. We sat and waited and waited for service. Finally, we were approached by the waitress (and at this point we were the only diners in the place) and our order taken. Hubby ordered clam chowder which came after a considerable wait, as did garlic bread (so loaded with garlic salt that it was inedible). The clam chowder he reported as “so-so.” The Reuben sandwich I ordered didn’t come, and didn’t come (we were still the only customers.) Finally, when the chowder was mostly eaten, I managed to flag down the waitress and inquire after my sandwich. I was almost sorry when it finally arrived—a sloppy sandwich with corned beef loaded with fatty meat. I ate a few bites—all I could stand, and at that, had to pick the sandwich apart and trim the fat off. A really and truly bad meal. We would not eat here again, but look elsewhere in the area for dinner. Breakfast was ordinary but adequate, however.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was in Brattleboro recently and at the last minute decided to stay overnight at the Quality Inn. Bad mistake. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Long dark hallways. This hotel does not give one a feeling of security. Rooms that reek from housekeeping "deodorizers." Badly stained carpeting in the room. Window curtains that don't fit. Paint splatters all over the doors. Hotel did not have a clean feel to it. I could go on.

I had to go out to my car very late that night and didn't feel very comfortable. Parking lot was dark and there was a small cluster of people hanging out in the back of the lot. The doors that open to the parking lot have no locks on them so anyone can easily enter the hotel.

Hotel appears to have many long term "guests." Everyone seems to know the people at the front desk.

When I checked out, the desk clerk asked if everything was okay. I replied "No, not really." Clerk didn't even ask about my complaints - I'm sure she had heard them before. She just checked me out and went back to what she was doing.

I'm being generous by rating this place a 2.

Room Tip: Best tip, stay somewhere else - Hampton Inn shares parking lot (and ownership I believe).
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Qualityinnvt027, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Good day Trip Adviser member. Thank you for your feedback.

In this day and age, safety is always an issue. An issue that we take seriously for all of our guests and staff. We have 24 hours staffing at our hotel in addition to other safety measures we have taken.

Just on a sidenote: I always recommend to all of our guests that no matter what hotel you choose to stay that you visualize the room first before checking in. It assures you that are getting everything you paid for, and if by chance there is an issue with the room then it gives the hotel the chance to make any needed changes that might arise. We have a very low incident rate and want to maintain a 100% approval rating among current and future guests. We are in the service business and want to be your place of choice when stay in our area. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed at the Inn while househunting, and, while it could be a bit bizarre (very large man with a chihuahua and a cat staying with him made sudden appearances) all in all it was fine. The pool was pleasant (there is no spa/gym) and the room was quiet and clean. Breakfast was a buffet, and, while it was okay, and the waffle machine seemed popular, I HATED that there were only plastic cutlery and cups- GOTTA cost them more than actually stainless still/mugs/glasses would, and the waste was almost unforgiveable. Staff were friendly, and we couldn't fault it for the money.

Room Tip: If you are hoping to save money, but don't have a car, this is a bit far outside of town. Luckily, you can catch a bus in the mornings and afternoons, driven by the affable Jack.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Qualityinnvt027, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Good day Trip Advisor member and thank you for your feedback.
You are right.. our complimentary breakfast is the best in the area of any hotel locally. We Much of Quality Inn Brattleoboro has been renovated recently. Our staff works hard to meet and exceed our guests expecatations. Please contact our management staff to assist you if there is anything we can do to further improve on the quality of our lodging.

Please come back again soon.