“Some good, some not so good!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Brattleboro
“Some good, some not so good!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had a decent stop here at the Quality Inn with the exception noted in the next paragraph--room was clean and pleasant, the staff on check in and out were helpful and pleasant. Our small dog was with us--certainly nice to find acceptable stops when she is along. The area is beautiful, and Brattleboro is a nice town.

The flaw in our stay was the dinner in the hotel restaurant,—this is the story: A large party was expected which seemed to occupy all the restaurant staff. We sat and waited and waited for service. Finally, we were approached by the waitress (and at this point we were the only diners in the place) and our order taken. Hubby ordered clam chowder which came after a considerable wait, as did garlic bread (so loaded with garlic salt that it was inedible). The clam chowder he reported as “so-so.” The Reuben sandwich I ordered didn’t come, and didn’t come (we were still the only customers.) Finally, when the chowder was mostly eaten, I managed to flag down the waitress and inquire after my sandwich. I was almost sorry when it finally arrived—a sloppy sandwich with corned beef loaded with fatty meat. I ate a few bites—all I could stand, and at that, had to pick the sandwich apart and trim the fat off. A really and truly bad meal. We would not eat here again, but look elsewhere in the area for dinner. Breakfast was ordinary but adequate, however.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was in Brattleboro recently and at the last minute decided to stay overnight at the Quality Inn. Bad mistake. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Long dark hallways. This hotel does not give one a feeling of security. Rooms that reek from housekeeping "deodorizers." Badly stained carpeting in the room. Window curtains that don't fit. Paint splatters all over the doors. Hotel did not have a clean feel to it. I could go on.

I had to go out to my car very late that night and didn't feel very comfortable. Parking lot was dark and there was a small cluster of people hanging out in the back of the lot. The doors that open to the parking lot have no locks on them so anyone can easily enter the hotel.

Hotel appears to have many long term "guests." Everyone seems to know the people at the front desk.

When I checked out, the desk clerk asked if everything was okay. I replied "No, not really." Clerk didn't even ask about my complaints - I'm sure she had heard them before. She just checked me out and went back to what she was doing.

I'm being generous by rating this place a 2.

Room Tip: Best tip, stay somewhere else - Hampton Inn shares parking lot (and ownership I believe).
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Qualityinnvt027, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Good day Trip Adviser member. Thank you for your feedback.

In this day and age, safety is always an issue. An issue that we take seriously for all of our guests and staff. We have 24 hours staffing at our hotel in addition to other safety measures we have taken.

Just on a sidenote: I always recommend to all of our guests that no matter what hotel you choose to stay that you visualize the room first before checking in. It assures you that are getting everything you paid for, and if by chance there is an issue with the room then it gives the hotel the chance to make any needed changes that might arise. We have a very low incident rate and want to maintain a 100% approval rating among current and future guests. We are in the service business and want to be your place of choice when stay in our area. Thank you for your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Brattleboro hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed at the Inn while househunting, and, while it could be a bit bizarre (very large man with a chihuahua and a cat staying with him made sudden appearances) all in all it was fine. The pool was pleasant (there is no spa/gym) and the room was quiet and clean. Breakfast was a buffet, and, while it was okay, and the waffle machine seemed popular, I HATED that there were only plastic cutlery and cups- GOTTA cost them more than actually stainless still/mugs/glasses would, and the waste was almost unforgiveable. Staff were friendly, and we couldn't fault it for the money.

Room Tip: If you are hoping to save money, but don't have a car, this is a bit far outside of town. Luckil...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Qualityinnvt027, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Good day Trip Advisor member and thank you for your feedback.
You are right.. our complimentary breakfast is the best in the area of any hotel locally. We Much of Quality Inn Brattleoboro has been renovated recently. Our staff works hard to meet and exceed our guests expecatations. Please contact our management staff to assist you if there is anything we can do to further improve on the quality of our lodging.

Please come back again soon.
Burlington VT
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Staff is VERY helpful - I got a great price on the room - the online vendor I used messed up but the Quality Inn manager fixed the mistake and I even got an upgrade. The room was spotless, free breakfast in the morning was better than some breakfasts I've had to pay for at other hotels. The bed was very comfortable.

The downside- the hotel over all needs updating. The hallway walls need to be painted and the carpets need to be replaced. The restaurant/bar and lobby are gorgeous - now the halls/gym and swimming area need a make over. Some parts of the hallways smell like old cigarette smoke - my room was smoke free though.

Shop around online and call them, they pay work with you on the price. I noticed "walk ins" were paying a lot more than I paid.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank vthiker89
Putney, Vermont
Reviewed September 3, 2012

call for a reservation got hung up on by some rude girl (Lee) who claimed the system was down so she would not make my reservation. I guess its bad luck finding this place, had to sleep somewhere, Bed bugs on the sheets soon as I pull off the covers. bathroom is nasty full of ants. alarm clock doesnt work. The entire place has 13 channles on the tv 8 of which are fuzzy. lots of drugs I smelled pot on both floors. pools are green YUCK !!!!. resturant food is gross, service is horrible some guy named glenn pretened to be the owner , he didnt even know the menu. He then lied to me about why the motel doesnt have TV channles I asked in the morning and was given a complelty different answer, I attempted to adressed this to the so called "GM" who looked clueless and was unable to even offer me a discount. STAY AWAY FROM HERE!!!

Room Tip: Go across to Hampton or Holiday Inn. Those are clean and neat. This place maybe a bargan but what ar...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank HAHA E
Stratford, NJ
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I'm not sure what to think of this hotel. I stayed here in the spring and are thinking of coming back to the area in the fall. First some of the staff is very nice and friendly: others not so much. Some of the features of the hotel are nice: others not so much. The morning staff was especially nice. I was traveling alone this trip with a small dog, so I was given a room in the back with easy access to outside for dog walking. I had requested a queen accessible but was given a smaller non-accessible room that must have been "the dog room". For this you pay an extra $15. I just didn't feel entirely safe with the back door right next to the room. The back entrance is very close to Rt 91 and is in a slightly wooded area that appears to be used for storage and old items from the hotel scattered about. The door has no lock - no key entry - and no camera that I could see. It is open all night. I asked to move but were told that that was the area for dogs and there has never neen any trouble. Later, when I was walking the dog ( around the lot of the Hampton Inn that is next door) I saw 3 men in the back of the Quality lot near the door I needed to use. This particular area of the parking lot has no visibly from the hotel or street or anything else. Two of the men appeared to be working on a car - or at least pretending to - and the third was standing by the door smoking. It was a very odd out of the way place to be working on a car. From that point on we used the main front entrance only. There was never any trouble but I just felt better using the front of the hotel.

The best thing about the hotel is the breakfast. It was great with a very large selection. The room was okay but small. It needed a little updating but was okay for the price - again a spring price. Since we are thinking of returning in the fall, I checked the price again for that trip. They have gone up considerably. We know that this is normal for Vermont in the fall - but unless the quality of the hotel goes up considerably there is no way I would pay that amount for the room we were in. There are cheaper alternatives in the area that have equivalent service. And I hope all the outside doors lock.

We are going to try this hotel again in October - using points - and will review it again to see if there is any improvement. It is located in a very nice section of the state. And it is difficult to find hotels that allow dogs without charging an outrageous fee - so we are going to give it anoher chance.

Room Tip: Stay away from the back door. Insist on a room in the front - even if you have a dog.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Somers
Reviewed August 26, 2012

A nice place for very very reasonable price. Yes it is a remodeled older hotel, but it was very very clean. During our 5 night stay they where working on taking part the rooms to shampoo and clean top to bottom. Our room was clean and nice.

Room Tip: Ask for room on 1st floor facing parking lot. There is not an elevator and you don't want to fac...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brattleboro
Colonial Motel & Spa
Latchis Hotel
Latchis Hotel
#3 of 10 in Brattleboro
Best Western Plus Keene Hotel

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!