“More Guests than Rooms” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 10 Brandon B&B and Inns
NY
“More Guests than Rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2009

I stayed here because I was traveling on business and this was the only place that had a room in the area. The price was fair and the hospitality was pleasant. What a beautiful place! Upon checking in, I was told I would be staying on the third floor in Room 305. I inquired about the history of this old inn, as it is so grand that it must have its own story to tell. I nervously laughed at the response and said that I hoped the history doesn't keep me up all night. The halls were eerie and the room pleasant but spooky. A nice touch was the carafe of sherry in the room. Little did I know, I needed it. I slept well until I had an experience that I never thought I would have. I paid for a single room but there was a guest that visited from the other side. It wasn't malevolent, just stuck there. It scared me to death but now I believe.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank CallItLikICit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2008

A co-worker and I were required to travel to Brandon for business.

Brandon is a small town and there were not a lot of choices, the Brandon Inn website made the hotel sound like a gem. Unfortunately, it did not deliver.

The Inn has a historic charm to it as you drive up, plenty of parking and the lobby is beautiful. We then went upstairs to see the rooms before heading out for dinner.

The room was charming but then on closer inspection was found not to be very clean. The room had been made up however the garbage had not been emptied and the floor was dirty.

The clerk appeared inexperienced and wanted to know the exact time that we would be having breakfast. The clerk further warned us that there was an eleven o’clock curfew. The hotel has no night people and secures the door at 11.

I advised the owner that the room was not very clean and the room was vacuumed, however the garbage was never emptied.

On our second night, we had a business meeting and would possibly be later than eleven. We advised the clerk and were informed that a rear door would be left unlocked. After arriving back at 11:55 we found the door locked and had to get the assistance of the Brandon police to wake the owner.

Not a huge deal but there is no televisions in the hotel rooms.

OK Bad hotel but a beautiful town, the people are great and welcomed us to their town. Would go back to the area in a heartbeat, just not the Brandon Inn.

• Liked — Beautiful structure and very central.
  • Disliked — almost everything.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank travelinstead
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2008

The Brandon Inn is a delightful place. I've been there three times and plan to return next spring. The innkeepers are wonderful, the food is delicious and the rooms are lovely. In addition, the town is quaint and fun to explore. I could not think of a better place to visit.

• Liked — the inn itself, the food, the tlc
  • Stayed April 2008
New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2007

Our family spent a weekend in the town of Brandon, Vermont, which was very family friendly with great things to do, but unfortunately we stayed at the wrong place, the Brandon Inn. Upon check-in, the Brandon Inn was understaffed as there was no clerk at the desk so it took a long time to check in. Once our family arrived in our room it was surprisingly large but disappointingly outdated. Due to the musty odor in the room and plumbing probelms, including leaky faucet, no hot water and a broken toilet, we changed rooms but it wasn't any better. We paid four star prices and received two star quality and service.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — rundown
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bm0
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2007

We were in town for a wedding last month, and we loved our long weekend in this quirky little town, thanks in large part to the hospitality shown by the owners of the Brandon Inn. Everyone in town was so friendly, and our room was Huge! Being from New York, we're not used to friendly people OR big rooms, so it was a great change of pace :). Breakfast is even included in the price - a great deal! Also, the Brandon Inn has a nice pool - a rare find for a B&B in Vermont. It was beautiful while we were there, and we plan to return to see the Fall foliage very soon!

• Liked — Everything was perfect
  • Disliked — Nothing was wrong
  • Stayed September 2007
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2007

I recently stayed in Brandon during my friend's wedding, and we had a great experience at the Brandon Inn. I have two small children, and the owners were nice enough to provide us with a crib. Our 3 year old had a great time playing in the pool, and my husband and I thought the rooms were very romantic. We felt like we were transported to another era....it was great to be away from the big city, and the Brandon Inn felt very homey. Breakfast the next day was an unexpected treat - you could tell everything was homemade, not like some buffets that only serve cold muffins and cereal. All in all, I would highly recommend the Brandon Inn.

• Liked — Owners, pool, breakfast
  • Stayed September 2007
nyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2007

I went for a wedding in the Beginning of September and didn't know what to expect. I'm froim NYC and my friends had there wedding in Brandon. It was for three days and the first night was so nice. They had the reheasal dinner at the Brandon and the food and service where so great. The owners Sarah and Louis went out of there way to make sure everything was perfect. This was given to my friends as a contest, the wedding and the Brandon Inn gave so much. The review that was posted before this was not my experience at all and of what I heard of that had nothing to do with the owners. Sarah had given us a map of places to hike, fish, and golf. They where great and would go back in a second.

• Liked — The owners
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
Courtyard Middlebury
#1 of 11 in Middlebury
Chipman Inn
Chipman Inn
#1 of 1 in Ripton

Been to Brandon Inn? Share your experiences!