“Cafe Provence, Brandon, VT”
Review of Cafe Provence

Cafe Provence
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Provence is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: French, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Across from Aubuchon
Description: Warm and inviting, casual fine dining at Café Provence is a truly memorable experience. Located in the restored historic section of downtown Brandon, Vermont—Chef Robert Barral, former Executive Chef of the New England Culinary Institute and The Four Seasons in Boston, crafts our seasonal menu to showcase not only his talents as a chef, but also highlight the best meats, cheeses, and vegetables that local farms have to offer.
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Café Provence, located in Brandon, VT is a jewel waiting to be discovered. The dining space is open and inviting. Tables are well spaced and there is not the feeling of being crowded. The food was outstanding, I had their special for the night which was a curry mushroom soup and for an entre, salmon over black rice with seasonal veggies. Both dishes were outstanding. Service was good as well, with a comprehensive wine list. I had no room for desert, but they all looked good. Café Provence is worth the trip!

2  Thank Curtiss B

Reviewed August 20, 2014

I have gone to Cafe Provence many times over the years for dinner and lunch. The food is always excellent. It is a gem of a restaurant in downtown Brandon. I feel we are very lucky to have a restaurant of this quality in our midst. To top it off the desserts are over the top delicious.

2  Thank GreenMtVT
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We were on a two day long weekend and stayed at the Gazebo Inn in Brandon Vermont. (separate review). When we arrived, we asked about a dinner spot and they suggested Café Provence. We went for a rather early dinner as they were full later on that evening.
When we arrived they showed us to our outdoor table right away, we ordered wine and previewed the menu. Absolutely fabulous choices and prices were more than fair. We ordered a salad to split with a goat cheese cake from a local farm. The cake was lightly fried, and delicious. Our meals were actually two app's which were mussels and a shrimp with cavatelli. Both were great.
what happen next only gets this restaurant even better rating. Our table was being swarmed with bees who I think also like mussels. Anyway, after flailing about for a few minutes, the hostess came and offered to move us to a table overlooking the kitchen. We got a great show and also another basket of their nut bread. Oh! the nut bread... wonderful and very tasty.
The next morning I decided to go by the restaurant and purchase a loaf to take home. The same hostess apologized again (she remembered me!) and said the loaf was on the house for our trouble. EVERY restaurant can learn a great lesson here. It's all about getting repeat business and the next tile we are in that area, we will only eat at this 5 star restaurant. The French chef was a treat to watch and certainly skilled in offering fresh delicious food.
Great job!

3  Thank Grampster
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Had the burger off the bistro menu. Very good. My wife had the BLT which was excellent. Both come with fries and a great salad. Moderately priced for lunch. Good service and the restaurant was very clean. I recommend this place for a great lunch.

1  Thank MitchellSeattle
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My friend and I came here for a late lunch; I know that some of the reviews expressed a time issue; yes, service wasn't speedy (hence the 4 stars-should be 5 stars considering the food) but this isn't a fast food venue. We opted to eat at a table on the patio. It was a glorious VT day, the waitress was friendly and even though it took some time for the wine she delivered it in two deliciously, iced flutes. I chose the side mesclun salad with the grilled chicken addition-very juicy and tender; my friend had the half panini, a cold cucumber soup (outstanding) and salad. Both portions were amply sized for lunch, absolutely fresh and we devoured every morsel. The bill was very reasonable and we were never rushed. What a wonderfully relaxing repast. Please only choose this restaurant when you have the time-good food should be savored!

3  Thank Belmontcouple