“Fun and friendly wine tasting”

Neshobe River Winery
Ranked #4 of 17 things to do in Brandon
More attraction details
Owner description: Home of the Fair Maiden Double IPA and award winning wines. Only brewery and winery combination in State. Wonderful landscaped grounds overlook country side. Tasting room housed in 18 century barn. Great location for small gatherings.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We pulled into the winery and were quickly greeted at the barn door. We enjoyed tasting the wines and the beers while having a friendly conversation with the owner. It really seemed like visiting with a friend and sharing conversation over some great drinks. Sometimes wine tastings can seem dragged out and the servers repeat the same things. But not at Neshobe- very welcoming and comfortable atmosphere and great wine and beer. Another happy day in Vermont with great people and wonderful food and/or drink!

1  Thank Julie P

Reviewed March 10, 2013

While driving through Vermont on our honeymoon, our daughter asked us to check out "Satan's Kingdom". Since it showed up on Mapquest, we were naive in thinking it actually existed. After driving half the day and finding out that there is no such town, we started driving back to find a place to stay. Along the road was a sign for the winery. We were so ready for a stop at that point, it seemed too good to be true! We chose our favorite wine and sat in the garden overlooking the vineyards until our pizza arrived. What a perfect, relaxing stop before our long trek. We would love to have stayed, but unfortunately the rooms were full.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Over labor day weekend, my boyfriend and I took a little vacation to VT for the state fair and for him to visit family. Like every vacation we take, we made a few stops to random vineyards/wineries. Neshobe was one of the BEST places we have been to, HANDS DOWN!!!! First off... the wine??? WONDERFUL! They also started brewing beer as well (unfortunately it was so fresh and new when we were there, that there were no bottles for us to take home). My boyfriend and I each had a glass of this beer after the wine tasting. Let me tell ya, I hate beer. I really do. If I ever do drink beer, usually half of it is left when I am done. I drank the whole glass. It was wonderfully brewed beer... I was very impressed and would love some more (again, from a loyal beer hater lol). They also have wood fired pizza there as well... now this part is THE BEST PART... our pizza we had there... one half of the pizza (i forget the name and can't find the menu i took with me) had avocado, bacon, chz, sauce, cilantro, onion, and i think that's it... and it was pretty delicious... now the second half... which I can't shut up about (and I am actually attempting to recreate it tonight, that's why I remembered to do this review now lol) was the 'vermonter'... it has the strangest combination of toppings ever... but OMG... just OMfrigganG.... ok... the toppings are as follows: sauce (of course)... cheese (not sure what kind, i'm guessing mozzerella... just regular pizza chz)... goat cheese crumbles (yum yum yum, if anyone says ew, they clearly never tried goat cheese lol)... red peppers... sweet potato slices (like sliced with a peeler... if you say ew to this, just think... i've always hated and still hate sweet potato)... and lastly... drizzled with maple syrup (seriously... and i hate maple anything normally).... omg... you'd think this is the weirdest thing ever... but i've never ever EVER had a better pizza in my life... we devoured our pizza there... took a 'vermonter' to go back to our room, and devoured that too... I wanted to come back before going home and grab like 5 of them to go... but never had time... BEST FRIGGAN PIZZA EVER! have i said that already? lol... the people at Neshobe were awesome nice... and when we pulled up I could hear Bob Marley playing (my type of place)... there is a golf course right beside the place (not their's)... and a beautful little creek a hop and a skip down the street.... They have an inn attached as well... Knowing that NOW... when we go back... VERY SOON... we are definitely staying there... they have everything we need!!!.... I loved it there... Do NOT pass this place by!!!! Try the wines and try the beer and for THE LOVE OF GOD, TRY THE VERMONTER PIZZA!!!!!

1  Thank KalaANDRich
Reviewed September 3, 2012

From the very beginnning, the Foley family was incredibly warm and accomodating (from the homemade pizza on Friday/Saturday to the selection of onsite wines, try the Foxy Lady)! I highly recommend the B&B and winery for a romantic getaway, a weekend with friends or a quiet afternoon.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Wonderful experience, just like home..even a Dalmatian Pizza. Wonderful hosts and great wine and pivo!