“Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Swallow's Nest

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brandon
Swallow's Nest
Ranked #6 of 10 Brandon B&B and Inns
Sands Point, NY
“Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed at the Swallow's Nest for 3 nights during the foiliage season.

This a beautifully maintained guest house with every amenity you will need for your trip. It is located very conveniently off the main streets of Brandon, VT. A small town between Rutland and Middlebury. The kitchen is fully stocked with all the utensils and many of the condiments you will need. The living room is extremely comfortable for a nice family gathering and discussion after a day of activities. Some in my family asked, why there wasnt a TV, but I personally was completely fine with it because I did not come to VT to watch TV (there is a TV in the bedroom upstairs but no cable). The bathroom also has full laundry facilities and is fully stocked.

The view on the property is amazing. The green mountains are at a short distance when you look either from outside the kitchen, dining or part of the living room. You can easily spend a day on the property just hiking around. My 3 yr old son loved the fields in the back, playing ball and just running around.

The bedroom has a very comfortable double bed, while the alcove attached to the bedroom has 2 twin beds. These beds were alittle on the firm side (good bed but I am use to the soft pillowtops).

This was overall a refreshing and peaceful stay and would love to do it again.

Room Tip: No choice in rooms. Only 1 guesthouse
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank boboli111

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Riverside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

My wife, my 17 year old son, and I spent a week at the Swallow’s Nest during our Vermont vacation. The highlight of my week was spending the first morning watching the dawn break over the meadow. It was just what I needed to unwind. I won’t hesitate to stay there again should we travel to Vermont in the future.

A couple of things to consider:
The private bedroom and loft are on the second floor in case climbing stairs is a challenge for you. And the private bedroom has only a double bed. A little cramped if you are used to a King or Queen. But the overall accommodations more than made up for this for me.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2008

My husband, son and I stayed at the beautiful Swallow's Nest Cottage in October during foliage season. What a great place to bring the family and take in the beauty of creation that surrounds you as you stay at the cottage on their 1,250 acre farm. The cottage is the only accomodation offered and it was just totally redone and is brand new and nicely done.
The main house where the hosts live is right next door . My 5yr old loved playing with their 5 children on the farm. It was once home to the Dean Brothers Farm and the Smalley Family is bringing the farm back to life. The views are just breath taking.
This is a cottage/small home rental so you can come and go as you please with all the amenities of home. Since it's not a B&B Emilee doesn't offer breakfast however she gave us a $10.00 gift card to use in town at Cafe Provence either the restaurant or the bakery (which by the way has fabulous french food).
All in all one of the top places we have stayed, they are such a nice family and when you have to leave you'll wish you didn't it's such a great spot. We are already planning our next visit.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Sweetchic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
Brandon Inn
The Inn at Neshobe River
The Inn at Neshobe River
#5 of 10 in Brandon
Cozy Cottages & Otter Valley Winery

Been to Swallow's Nest? Share your experiences!