“This is truly some of THE BEST food that I have ever eaten at a restaurant!!”

Millwaters Country Grille and Tavern
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Gastropub
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Stone Mill Tavern is located in the Historical Bradford Mill building at 48 Main Street, Bradford, VT.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

You will not be disappointed at this restaurant. Everything about it rocks!!! The atmosphere and décor is very beautiful and gives an inviting and comfortable feel. The staff is extremely nice. The owner is very personable. Now for the food---I can't say enough!! We had the salmon and bison burger. The tastes were out of this world. So many flavors blended together that compliment each other. The burger tasted like eating a steak. The salmon was to die for! Even the side dishes were extraordinary! Their coleslaw had kale in it and it was excellent!! You will NOT be disappointed. I live about 5 hours away from this place and we will probably drive just to eat here---THAT'S how good it is!! Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the prices are great too! ENJOY!

1  Thank Bunny V
There are newer reviews for Millwaters Country Grille and Tavern

Reviewed October 12, 2013

A nice October day to drive up I-91 and in Bradford head for the Farmway store to mingle with leafpeepers among the astounding line of products in the store. It's a fine place to "window shop" for a while, and we left before noon to have lunch at the Millwaters Grill just off Route 5 in Bradford.

We decided to sit outside overlooking the river and the broad expanse of the Bradford Golf Course. A little foliage enhanced the whole thing.

I decided on a "BLT", which was Brie cheese, smoked turkey breast, lettuce and tomato on toasted sourdough bread. I ordered a side of carrot kale slaw also. My wife had a caprese salad over linguini. My drink choice was a glass of Malbec.

The food was very good and presented in an attractive way. The sandwich was tasty and was substantial enough to provide a challenge opening one's mouth wide enough to take a bite. The slaw was a bit different, but it too was tasty.

The service was prompt and friendly, although the large holiday type crowd kept the waitpersons on their toes. All the outside tables were filled while we were eating.

A very pleasant experience.

1  Thank SullivanNewHampshire
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is a must when in the area. The food is delicious and the sitting outside, next to the river can't be beat. The staff is friendly. I've been here a few times and clean my plate every time! Save room for desert!

1  Thank Catclops
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We've longed for a cozy bistro atmosphere where interesting fresh food served by friendly folks was within the Bradford area. Our wish is answered! I had Thai salmon tonight that was "rock your world" delicious, and my dinner mate loved his parm-crusted chicken piccata. Nice to have a range of Vermont craft brews available, too. And don't miss, don't even think about missing, the lemon panna cotta. We told our waiter we were on a schedule and wow -- food in a flash! (We did pick an "after normal hours time to dine, I admit). Now these dreams come true do have a price: 2 beers, one appetizer, two entrees, two coffees, two desserts: $88. Actually, isn't that what you'd expect to pay?

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stopped by on a Saturday afternoon for a late lunch. Having been a loyal fan of the Perfect Pear we had a lot of expectations but Millwaters didn't disappoint. Everyone who worked there was very friendly and accommodating. The food was excellent, from the fresh mussels appetizer, to the unique mason jar desserts at the end we thoroughly enjoyed our food. They were also able to customize a sandwich for a member of our party who had various food allergies. I would highly recommend visiting Millwaters.

1  Thank Brittany W