“Nice Place”

Ranked #1 of 4 Bondville B&B and Inns
Westchester, NY
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2010

Bromley View Inn is a nice B&B in between Bromley Ski Mountain and Stratton. Rooms are located in a large building with a nice open tavern and breakfast room with amazing views of the mountain. They allow dogs, so we brought our golden retriever. The owners were receptive and knowledgeable, but did not intrude too much. I didn't think they were overly accomodating, just "running the B&B as a business." The jacuzzi tubs only fit one person, but were clean and worked well. Alpacas on site are ridiculously cool animals. Breakfast was very good, as were Kevin's suggestions for dinner. All in all, a good place with a great value for the location, would recommend it to friends seeking B&B near Stratton.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2010

We just returned from our third year staying at the Bromley View inn, and once again, we had an outstanding experience, The Innkeepers welcomed us to their home and treated us like family. We have 4 young children and travelled with a large group. Our stay was predictably outstanding. We have stayed all over the world in 5 star hotels, and the welcoming nature of our hosts coupled with the outstanding service of their team at Bromley View has us planning to return again soon. The rates are extremely reasonable, the breakfast is always outstanding and cooked to order, the rooms are comfortable and extremely clean and the restaurant, pub, game room and TV for the kids can't be beat. The hosts were so accomodating, even when our 3 year old wandered into the kitched and asked "What's for Dinner"!
Our rooms were clean, warm, and the showers were great. Every morning they have a fresh pot of coffee and tea made for you when you awake. The Pub keeps getting better every year!
We can stay anywhere in the area and we choose to stay at the Bromley View Inn. There is no better place to arrive at after a long drive, and after a long weekend of skiing, they even made us a bowl of chili for the ride home.
Thank you again for another fabulous stay, and we look forward to visiting again soon

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank NyChrism
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2010

-Clean Warm and Friendly- This was my first stay here and if I were a writer evaluating Bed and Breakfasts this would be at or near the top and I have stayed at many. I do not know why anyone would stay at a hotel on Stratton Mt considering the horror stories that are available to peruse on the net and the proximity that this B&B is to the mountain.

The most important thing to me is cleanliness. And this certainly passes in that regard. Additionally this B&B also offers a warmth and friendliness that I seldom find when I am on the road. All of the people are friendly and my laptop and I made several friends at the bar. Most of the guests are returnees and they all have only the best words of complement for Kevin and Kami the owners who live and work this bed and breakfast. And that is the key. They are here and run it. That makes it work. They have a restaurant (with an incredible view) for breakfast which was excellent and I am always happy when I can get a sound sleep as I did.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Millstone Township, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2010

We arrived by accident. A snow storm hit quickly and luckily we landed at the Bromley Inn. If you have the opportunity to go with your family (and pets) stop in for a wonderful, warm, and comfortable time. The host and hostess were great and make you feel very very welcome. Enjoy the homemade breakfast, or the cozy bar at night. Bring a book and sit fireside or watch a game on the flat screen TV's. Bring quarters for the pool table or enjoy any number of games they have available for you and your family. The people we met had all been there before - we plan on returning - this time without the winter storm.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Upstate New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

The best B&B around (bromleyviewinn.com) Delicious homemade breakfasts (I suggest Kami's Stuffed French Toast) Comfy rooms (We chose a suite - for our anniversary) Our room had a gas fireplace, Jacuzzi tub & a king bed... We visited in the fall & The Inn was just breathtaking & the mountain views were priceless... Kevin & Kami (owners) were the sweetest, most helpful hosts that I have ever met. They made their home, our home... We will be returning, for sure!!!

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2009

My husband and I enjoyed our stay immensely. The innkeepers, Kevin and Kami, could not have been more personable and accommodating. The breakfast was awesome and we never had a need for lunch each day. We brought one of our dogs with us and Kevin went out of his way to let our pooch adjust to his surroundings and familiarize himself with the property (our pooch is older and grumpy!). Since we had never been to the area Kevin also provided us with maps and information about outdoor activities. We truly enjoyed our stay-thanks to Kevin and Kami and their wonderful inn.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2009

We have stayed at the Bromley View Inn for a few days in January 2009. It was bitterly cold outside and very toasty inside, perhaps a tad too toasty during the night, there was no way to turn the heat down, so we slept with an open window. The room was comfortable, a little small and clean, the host nice and accomodating. Also, I gather it is a good place to come with a dog. However my main problem with this B&B is that some people tend to forget that breakfast makes about 50% of B&B's reputation. Here the breakfast is not bad, a bit smallish and frugal, albeit tasty (a choice of pancakes or scramble), but would it kill them to put some butter, milk and jam on the tables? I can survive on their breakfast, but it just looks not very hospitable. I understand the times are hard, but this is business, and I for one, next time perhaps will choose some other place. Because the breakfast was on the disappointing side. Too bad, because the breakfast room has a killer view.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bondville
Black Bear Lodge
The Stamford Motel & Restaurant
Lodge at Bromley
Lodge at Bromley
#1 of 2 in Peru

Been to Bromley View Inn? Share your experiences!