“Great pet friendly B&B!”
Review of Bromley View Inn

Bromley View Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Bondville B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I just got back from our stay at The Bromley View Inn. We are both 30 something and brought along our maltese and bichon. Its always tough to find a good place to bring pets that is reasonably priced, so we were very excited when I found this place!

Room
We stayed in Room 5. Im always a little nervous when we stay in a room that allows pets. Needless to say we did not have one complaint. The room was spotless; no dog hair or oder at all. Not even a fake odor to cover something up. Perfect! The room was a decent size but the bathroom was a little small just an FYI. Just a toilet, sink, and shower stall. It was clean, but the size wasnt too much of an issue. There was another mirror
In the room so I used that to do my makeup while my husband showered. Noise wasnt an issue even though we were right next to the dining room, BUT we had our window air conditioner unit going, so I'm sure that helped.

Innkeepers/lounge
Kevin and Kami were so sweet! We mostly saw Kevin, and he chatted with us whenever we ran into him. He was very friendly and welcoming. We also have to mention their 3 labs. They were very sweet! If you arent a dog person, I would rethink this place, because the dogs are always around. But they were very calm and left us alone. Their lounge was awesome. It had a cozy feel to it. Nice place to sit back for a beer or glass of wine. We were happy our dogs were allowed to hang out with us in there too!

Breakfast was incredible! Every day they have a scramble and something sweet. I had the scramble both days and my husband had french toast and then pancakes. It was very tasty. We were surprised he offered us seconds, although we were stuffed! They had a nice beverage station set up with coffee, juice, and tea. My only suggestion would be they should've had some ice water. It was beautiful weather while we were there, so we ate on the deck which had an amazing view of Bromley mountain. I can imagine how gorgeous it would be in the fall!

Location
Not a bad drive to Stratton. We are big Mount Snow fans, and it was about 30 minutes away. Not terrible, but the drive at night seemed long and dark. Not
Too much activity nearby, some shops and restaurants. Kevin suggested The Perfect Wife...great place! I had the best meal...stuffed portabello mushroom.
It was out of this world!!

All in all, we had a great stay here. It was incredibly pet friendly, clean, and cozy. We will be staying here again for sure!! Highly recommeded.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is a great place to get away. The scenery is incredible as you eat your meal on the top deck taking in the view of the neighboring mountains. The fresh air cools you leaving you in a relaxed state of mind. This is a great place to spend your fall or winter season in. Just minutes from the Bromley or Statton ski resort, it is very quiet with the dogs as your host. The Al Pacas at the bottom of the hill give you a little that feeling that you are not in the big city. The owners were wonderful. If I went back to Vermont that is where I would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom floor are better. They are a lot more quiet and you have more room. You also hav...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This B & B is in a rural setting (llamas in back) facing Bromley Ski Area. Our room was small but pleasant. The only real problem was a very noisy bathroom fan which was always running when the bathroom light was turned on. It would have been nice to have a bedside reading light, since there is no televison in the room, and a luggage rack would also have been helpful. Kevin was a great host and made us a delicious breakfast - unfortunately, we didn't get to meet his wife. I would definitely return if I get back to that area!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We went there last fall and enjoyed our stay very much. We needed to relax and it's quiet there.
When we arrived the first glimpse disappointed us a bit but once inside our opinion changed. It's more like a hunting lodge then a traditional bread and breakfast since it's bigger.

Kami and Kevin are great hosts and we enjoyed talking with them. They are gradually upgrading the place and their efforts show.

The breakfast is just great too with original recipes cooked by Kevin.

Room Tip: Be careful with the gas fireplace..it gets really warm!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2012

This was our first time to visit the area and I'm pleased we found the Bromley View Inn. Kevin and Kami are terrific hosts -- everything they should be -- personable, informative, and genuinely nice people. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The Labrador Lounge is a super nice feature with some interesting and enjoyable local beer. Breakfast was great. The location is perfect for winter skiing since they're located very close several ski areas in southern Vermont. We would stay here again -- and we'd recommend it to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I book this Inn because it was located close by to Mt. Stratton where we were sking in Jan. What a great find! Rooms are clean and very roomy, Hostess/Host are extremely curtious. One was always present during the course of our stay and always greeted us. Breakfast outstanding. One review stated that they always saw regulars there. I can vouch for that because we have already book another 2 night stay there for next month. Their attached pub has a big screen tv, pool table and a fire pit. Great for groups, families, couples or singles. Close drive to Manchester where there is plenty of shopping and restaurants for those who aren't interested in sking, take a break for the day or dinner at night.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2012

The first thing we noticed when we met the other guests at the Inn was that they all appeared to be repeat regulars. That says a lot. Kevin greeted us enthusiastically at the door and later that evening in the Tavern we met up with Kammi. This place has a ton of character and like much of Vermont is rustic and warm. I grew up going to my grandmothers cabin in New Hampshire and this brought back memories!!! There is a great room that acts as a game room, TV room and meeting place that you can feel the history of all the good times that have been had there. Our first night we sat by the fire for a while and chatted and Kammi was a great help giving us directions and recommendations for dinner. We headed to The Perfect Wife and ate in the tavern very spot on recommendation! The second night a bunch of well behaved children arrived and they seems to be having a ball playing games and learning to play pool while their parent chatted by the fire over a glass of wine. The rooms are large and cozy some of the rooms have prize quilts hanging in them and every thing was crisp & clean but not overly generic as chain hotels can be nor did you feel uncomfortable that you might break something like some of the hoity B&B's I've been to. The owners raise Alpaca's and have three labs I know a few of them are retired guide dogs and are perfectly behaved. I don't have a dog and really enjoyed having them around. The view of Bromley is beautiful I'm a pro photographer and am very visual so it matters to me and the white pines (my favorite tree) peek up around the mountain to frame the view. We had one of the more modest priced rooms and we where surprised to find razors, toothpaste, soap, shampoo & some women's products for our use, most other places you are lucky to get soap! The there where two types of breakfasts included with our room every morning and our meals where expedient but cooked to order and yummy! You could just go down to breakfast during a certain time frame instead of having to make a reservation like some places make you do.One thing. Our room had NO!!! TV. I loved that! These days you rarely get to talk as a couple or family! I think some of the rooms have fireplaces and TVs there is a huge HD in the Tavern that you can watch if you need to! We know why they have repeat business, we are already trying to figure out when we can bring the kids back with us!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bondville
Kimpton Taconic Hotel
6 mi away
Palmer House
Palmer House
#8 of 16 in Manchester

Been to Bromley View Inn? Share your experiences!