“AMAZING PLACE AND PEOPLE”
Review of Alpenrose Inn

Alpenrose Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bondville
Alpenrose Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Bondville B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 6, 2013

couldnt find a place on the mountain, my girlfriend hunted and called and called and hunted and David and Annie had a cancellation and an extra room for us... we showed up about 730 and they had dinner going for the other people staying and told us to drop our stuff up at our room and come down for a drink... unfort we passed out as soon as we hit the bed, but the following mrng they had a fantastic breakfast set up and were so warm and accommodating... we stayed even a bit late just to have a nice long conversation w them... they are fantastically nice and i would recommend going there over and over again and will defo be back...
thx a lot guys and keep up the great cozy INN
Joe and Deirdre

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Alpenrose Inn

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Alpenrose Inn was a great weekend escape for our family. Our room was clean, comfortable and perfect for crashing after a long day on the mountain. We loved our room (Tamarack) with a double and a twin bed for the little kids and a queen-sized bed for us big kids. While we didn't see the other rooms, it appears David and Annie have a variety of room sizes for couples or families.  The kids were also thrilled to discover a downstairs playroom complete with ping-pong, foosball and billiards tables.

Before our stay at the Alpenrose, I had never been to an Inn that uses flannel sheets for house linens. While the flannel is good for falling asleep, it also makes a guest more resistant to waking from a bear-like slumber. The antidote to our morning blues was Annie's delicious made-to-order breakFEAST. Annie's creative kitchen skills magically rendered a perfect variety of hor d'oeuvres, home-made entrees and desserts for dinner too. We are pretty picky about our food choices and no one in our crew was disappointed. My favorite was Annie's rosemary roast chicken, served with green beans and brown rice and a bottomless bowl of dressed field greens. Even our 12-year-old was pleased! I repeat ... even our twelve year old was pleased.

We had been planning a family ski trip to Vermont for over a month and had to ask David and Annie for a few special requests on top of changing dates. All of this was handled very gracefully by our hosts. The Alpenrose innkeepers were very generous and helpful with local recommendations and tips for enjoying our day on the mountain. David and Annie have perfected the lost art of the alpine/nordic ski lodge. In my opinion, the Alpenrose Inn defines what a family ski experience should be.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Staying overnight at the Alpenrose Inn was like escaping to our own vacation home in the mountains. The Inn is rustic, the rooms are lovely and neat, the common areas spacious, but cozy, the back deck overlooks nice gardens with a pond and it's really quiet and peacefull. The amazing dinner (which included fresh vegetables from the garden) was paired with two different, carefully selected wonderful wines and followed by a delicious dessert. After gazing at the stars we had a good night sleep and the morning started with fresh coffee on the deck and nice breakfast. But the best part of the experience was spending time with the hosts, Anne and David. They are not only warm and welcoming, but really engaging and interesting people. We could have spent the entire night talking with them. Looking forward to going back in the winter to enjoy the ski-slopes at Stratton and the fireplace afterwards.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joana G
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Upon pulling in the driveway, I felt at peace and that the Alpenrose Inn was exactly where I was supposed to be! The hosts Dave and Annie were the epitome of warm and welcoming and throughout my stay there, consistently accommodating and delightful. Since the group staying was somewhat "health conscious" (without request) they even made sugar free mini apple muffins! Breakfasts were made to order and delicious! My friend and I stayed in the "Wanderer" room which was both clean and cozy. Not even being skiers (on the mountain for a yoga retreat weekend) we both agreed the Alpenrose Inn would be excuse enough in itself to visit Stratton Mountain in the future! 2 very enthusiastic thumbs up for the Alpenrose Inn and much appreciation for Dave and Annie making my first B & B experience so pleasant :))

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The Alpenrose Inn exceeded all of my expectations. When I arrived, I was immediately put at ease and felt right at home. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The owners, Anne and David were both extremely welcoming, accomodating, helpful, and friendly. The Inn has an ideal location, being only a short drive to the mountain. My room was extremely comfortable, well kept, and had a nice, big bathroom. On top of everything, the food was delicious! I can't wait to go back and to bring my family or friends with me. If you're looking for a great place to stay, this is it!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My two kids and I stayed at the Alpenrose for a very brief overnight during a soccer tournament and wished we could have stayed longer. The Inn is very cozy and inviting. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. The food was great and the owners, David and Anne, were very friendly, approachable and accomodating. If given the opportunity we will definately go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Believe all the reviews! My family were in Vermont to ski at Stratton and were lucky to find the Alpenrose had a room available for three. The beds were so comfortable, the food delicious, the company great, and Anne and David were the perfect hosts. It was a quick drive to the slopes and the boot warmers were a plus. We had a wonderful weekend at the inn and can't stop talking about it. And it snowed- amazing for the winter of 2012 in the Northeast. (If I didn't know better, I'd think David arranged it for us.)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bondville
Black Bear Lodge
Lodge at Bromley
Lodge at Bromley
#2 of 2 in Peru
Cold Moon Farm Bed & Breakfast LLC

Been to Alpenrose Inn? Share your experiences!