“It feels like home!”
Review of Alpenrose Inn

Alpenrose Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bondville
Alpenrose Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Bondville B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Staying overnight at the Alpenrose Inn was like escaping to our own vacation home in the mountains. The Inn is rustic, the rooms are lovely and neat, the common areas spacious, but cozy, the back deck overlooks nice gardens with a pond and it's really quiet and peacefull. The amazing dinner (which included fresh vegetables from the garden) was paired with two different, carefully selected wonderful wines and followed by a delicious dessert. After gazing at the stars we had a good night sleep and the morning started with fresh coffee on the deck and nice breakfast. But the best part of the experience was spending time with the hosts, Anne and David. They are not only warm and welcoming, but really engaging and interesting people. We could have spent the entire night talking with them. Looking forward to going back in the winter to enjoy the ski-slopes at Stratton and the fireplace afterwards.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joana G
There are newer reviews for Alpenrose Inn

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Upon pulling in the driveway, I felt at peace and that the Alpenrose Inn was exactly where I was supposed to be! The hosts Dave and Annie were the epitome of warm and welcoming and throughout my stay there, consistently accommodating and delightful. Since the group staying was somewhat "health conscious" (without request) they even made sugar free mini apple muffins! Breakfasts were made to order and delicious! My friend and I stayed in the "Wanderer" room which was both clean and cozy. Not even being skiers (on the mountain for a yoga retreat weekend) we both agreed the Alpenrose Inn would be excuse enough in itself to visit Stratton Mountain in the future! 2 very enthusiastic thumbs up for the Alpenrose Inn and much appreciation for Dave and Annie making my first B & B experience so pleasant :))

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The Alpenrose Inn exceeded all of my expectations. When I arrived, I was immediately put at ease and felt right at home. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The owners, Anne and David were both extremely welcoming, accomodating, helpful, and friendly. The Inn has an ideal location, being only a short drive to the mountain. My room was extremely comfortable, well kept, and had a nice, big bathroom. On top of everything, the food was delicious! I can't wait to go back and to bring my family or friends with me. If you're looking for a great place to stay, this is it!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My two kids and I stayed at the Alpenrose for a very brief overnight during a soccer tournament and wished we could have stayed longer. The Inn is very cozy and inviting. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. The food was great and the owners, David and Anne, were very friendly, approachable and accomodating. If given the opportunity we will definately go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Believe all the reviews! My family were in Vermont to ski at Stratton and were lucky to find the Alpenrose had a room available for three. The beds were so comfortable, the food delicious, the company great, and Anne and David were the perfect hosts. It was a quick drive to the slopes and the boot warmers were a plus. We had a wonderful weekend at the inn and can't stop talking about it. And it snowed- amazing for the winter of 2012 in the Northeast. (If I didn't know better, I'd think David arranged it for us.)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2012

My wife & I spent four nights at Alpenrose. I don't know what I can add to the reviews that are already posted here, everything is true, the Alpenrose is a gem. Anne & David have created something truly special. We stayed in the room called Ethan's Alley, it is a two room suite and it is very comfortable, clean, & quiet. We met many wonderful people during our short stay, they were all friendly & fascinating to talk with. We found ourselves referring to the Inn as "home" while we were there. During our stay we spent our days skiing some of the mountains in the area (Bromley. Killington, Stratton, & Mt. Snow). Although Killington & Mt. Snow are a bit of a drive, Stratton & Bromley are only about 10 - 15 minutes away. David knows his way around VT & the resorts and provided some great tips to getting to the slopes quicker. Both Anne & David are very personable and are wonderful hosts. Our only regrets are not getting the chance to take a few runs with David at Stratton, and not having dinner at the Inn. Maybe next time?

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Just returned from a fantastic weekend skiing at Stratton. This inn was perfect. We are a family of 4 with a teenager. We were able to stay in one room ( the drifter) with a cozy cot that Anne set up for us before we arrived. The beds were very comfortable, the closet was huge and the shower was nice and hot. Breakfast was fantastic they would make you whatever you wanted. The inn keepers were so welcoming and kind and a pleasure to talk with. We enjoyed a glass of wine and some lovely Vermont cheeses which are set out on a Sat night to enjoy. Boot warmers in the main hall and cozy wood burning stove to enjoy. We'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bondville
Black Bear Lodge
Lodge at Bromley
Lodge at Bromley
#2 of 2 in Peru
Cold Moon Farm Bed & Breakfast LLC

Been to Alpenrose Inn? Share your experiences!