“Unique atmosphere. Great food. Great service.”
Review of Red Fox Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Red Fox Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Bondville
Cuisines: American, French, Irish
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A hidden gem in the Green Mountains of Vermont. Breath-taking views, known for our live music, homemade food, desserts and welcoming staff. Premiere entertainment from New Orleans to New York, California to Ireland... Come find what you've been looking for!
Herndon, Virginia
“Unique atmosphere. Great food. Great service.”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This review is for the top floor restaurant part of the Red Fox Inn, not the pub downstairs or the inn itself that has its own page on tripadvisor under Bondville B&B and Inns. We decided to try this restaurant because we wanted a night of fine dining while staying at Stratton, and Verde (Stratton Village's upscale restaurant) was completely booked throughout our stay. I'm glad that we did. It was well worth the 10 minute drive from the resort.

As I mentioned, the restaurant occupies the top floor of a big red barn. I guess I'd call the atmosphere rustic elegant. Most everyone was downstairs in the pub for their very popular $5 burger night, so we got a table right beside a roaring fire in a large stone fireplace. It was a little smoky in the room, but I enjoy the smell of a real fire so no complaints here. We loved the unique atmosphere.

Our waiter was extremely nice and every single thing on our plates was top notch. We had onion soup, escargot, and venison medallions with vegetables. All delicious. The $18 price tag on a Children's Menu meal was out there, but the sirloin we got was fit for an adult so I'd recommend that if you are bringing children or you'll being buying the most expensive chicken fingers on the planet! :)

So if you are looking for a restaurant close to Stratton with and unique atmosphere and great food, I highly recommend that you check out the Red Fox Inn restaurant.

• Visited January 2012