Stone's Lodge under Stratton Mtn.
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Black Bear Lodge(Stratton Mountain)
View Hotel
Stratton Mountain Resort(Stratton Mountain)
Swiss Inn(Londonderry)
  • Breakfast included
Magic View Motel(Londonderry)
Snowdon Chalet(Londonderry)
Econo Lodge(Manchester)
The Red Sled(Manchester)
Olympia Lodge(Manchester)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We booked this hotel because we didn't have much time to research. It was rated 4 stars on many sites. How bad could it be, we thought. When we arrived, I was shocked how bad it was. It was almost like a bad joke. Plastic covers on the windows, wire hangers on the floor, dirty linens in the bag next to our room, the whole place run down and in desperate need of renovation ... The irony was that people who work there were very nice. We had "superior" room. Superior to what? I can only imagine how bad other rooms were. Since it was already late, we stayed there overnight and checked out first thing in the morning. I think this was the worse hotel I have ever stayed in my life. It makes me wonder who rates hotels? The owners? It was not even worth one star.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank opicci
stoneslodge, Owner at Stone's Lodge under Stratton Mtn., responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

From the owners of the Stone’s Lodge;
The comments made by this reviewer and others over the past year are, sadly, mostly accurate.
When we opened the Lodge in the Fall of 2010, we were fully committed to giving our guests a home away from home and were genuinely excited and pleased about the reviews the Inn received in that first season.
Believing the Inn to be good hands and operating smoothly, we returned to work overseas. Since our departure, the state of the Inn and recent reviews demonstrated a marked decline and our efforts to correct these deficiencies from overseas were unsuccessful.
In June, my wife Yana and I made the only decision left to us which was to return and rebuild what was once an excellent reputation. We have cleaned house and invested heavily in restoring the inn to the kind of place that earned the Inn consistent 4 and 5 start reviews. Readers need do no more than look at the reviews from the 2010-2011 season to appreciate the difference between then and now.
The bottom line is that we’re back! We re-open the Hotel on June 15 and committed to deliver inviting the warm and inviting atmosphere that was the Hallmark of our first Season. Yana is again managing the Inn and is anxious to show our guests the kind of service and comfort that she was famous for.
For those guests who have experienced a sub-standard experience in our absence we sincerely apologize and promise that should you be willing to give us another chance that we will do all we can to make that experience a positive and memorable one.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

First of all i booked and payed for a room with two beds. I got an email later that day letting me know that the room was no longer available! Apparently the people who were in the room wanted to extend their stay. They could give us another room with one bed and rent us an air mattress for 20.00. I can bring my own air mattress for my daughter, thank you. I should have said forget it at that point but we were leaving the next day. We arrived at the inn after a very cold day of skiing. The inn is run down. The room was very run down. After glancing at the filthy carpet I told my daughter she would be sleeping in the bed with us! The room was very cold and when my husband went down to find out about the heat he was told the heat was not working right now and should be fixed that evening. We waited to talk to the manager who never showed up and I called Alpenrose Inn ( wonderful place) who said they had a room. We got our money back and left! Great night at the Alpenrose.. will never go back to Stone Lodge... Made a mistake trying to save a few bucks.

Room Tip: The pictures on the web look much nicer than it is.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank CTartteacher

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was by far the worst "hotel", if you can even call it that, that I have ever stepped foot in. The "inn keeper" stunk of marijuana at check in, he showed us to our room which was beyond gross. There was plastic covering the windows, dirty curtains which rested on open radiators. There was a huge cut out in the ceiling, staples in the wall, hair all over the bathroom floor. The 3 pieces of wood provided for our fireplace was wet, the thermostat was apparently there for decoration because it did not work. The water had one temperature only...boiling. Stains all over the carpet, one of the beds was on the floor..no frame, and one of our guests woke up with insect bites all over his chest and legs. Not what you expect at a "4 Star Hotel" for over $200 a night. Save your money, do not stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Danielle G

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We ski Stratton nearly every weekend of the season. Due to a snafu in our usual accommodations we had to scramble to find a place to stay and had few options but Stones Lodge. We had stayed there when it was Haiges and knew it had changed hands a couple of times and there were not so complementary rumors about the Fat Spy restaurant recently. But we thought what the hey, the room pictures on the site looked inviting lets give it a try.
I'm not sure what filter they used to take the pictures but I want to use it to take my next portrait. Regarding the rooms, In real life they put lipstick on a pig. We stayed only one night (booked for two), initially we were booked for the Pearl room which is right in the lobby and entrance, and has windows facing onto a porch that is the main access. Because the curtains didn't close all the way everyone walking by could look into the room. That creeped us out. We asked for a room with more privacy and Travis was more than accommodating and put us upstairs in a room over the lobby. This room was even more shabbily decorated, the bathrooms bare light bulb, tile lifting off the floor, chipped peeled formica counter and cabinet, loose toilet, were a match for the frat house furniture, paper thin walls and no thermostat, it was at least 80+ degrees, rt 30 trucks rumbling by. I could go on.
The Fat Spy is a place to get drunk and there were lots of drunks coming out thru the hotel lobby. After the bar closed they hung out making a ton of noise in the lobby right below us going in and out and carrying on till past 2 a.m.
Bottom line, if you're a drunk and you don't care where you eat or sleep and could give a rats _ _ _ about skiing the next day, this might be the place for you. If that doesn't sound ideal, stay away.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Brumpski
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Let's start from the pros:
1. The inn keeper, Travis, was extremely helpful and friendly. He did the best he could. Nobody could have done a better job. Travis, if you are seeing this, we want to thank you again!
2. The location is very close to the mountain, and easy to find. There is a 7-eleven within walking distance.
3. Pet friendly.
4. The bed was actually quite comfortable, and the comforter was warm too.
5. The restaurant has good selection of beers.

Okay...the cons...where do I start...
1. Our room was Tourmaline. It was near one of the entrances. You could hear everyone who enters or exists the building, especially at night. And I had no idea why lots of people came in and out almost every midnight, making a lot of noise. I did not expect nightlife to be so active there as in New York City.
2. Our room was separated with another room by a door. Literally, you could hear everything very clearly from the other room, including their sex life.
3. Our room was cold. The heater was just a little over body temperature, even when it's set to the highest temperature. The room temperature could not gone up to 70. The staff came into our room in the day to turn down the heater when we were away. So when we came back, the room temperature was in the lower 60s, and it took a few hours to feel warm again.
4. The inn was just too old. Carpets were dirty, things were not well maintained.
5. Cleanness was a big problem. We found bloody stains on one side of our comforter, and lipstick marks on the other side. It was disgusting. And both my girlfriend and I felt uncomfortable walking on the carpet bare foot.
6. Although the bed and the comforter were both comfortable, the pillows weren't of the same quality at all.
7. The hotel's breakfast was not quite good. Very cold not-so-delicious-or-fresh muffins, some juice, coffee, instant oatmeal, that's about it. Sometimes things even run out. Travis was usually there to help, but you can't make something out of nothing.
8. We had a sad dinner in the Fat Spy Tavern on our first night. We were told by the waitress that they took reservations only that night, but in fact there was at least 7-8 empty tables, which were actually never taken that night. A gentleman before us and a lady with her two sons behind us were told the same thing and they all left. We asked that we lived in the inn and whether could order to our room. Then the waitress led us to the bar and said someone would be with us soon. We saw 4-5 waiters running in and out busily serving probably less than 10 tables, but nobody came to us until 20 mins later. We ended up eating at the bar. By the time we got our burgers, it had been 1 hour. The food was okay, but not cheap. The restaurant was so inefficiently managed.

I would never go back.

Room Tip: Rooms near the entrance won't be quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family