Stone's Lodge under Stratton Mtn.
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Black Bear Lodge(Stratton Mountain)
View Hotel
Stratton Mountain Resort(Stratton Mountain)
Swiss Inn(Londonderry)
  • Breakfast included
Magic View Motel(Londonderry)
Snowdon Chalet(Londonderry)
Econo Lodge(Manchester)
The Red Sled(Manchester)
Olympia Lodge(Manchester)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The two rooms we booked were not habitual ! They were literally in the lobby dirty, dark and frightening! The innkeeper seemed shocked when I told him to refund my money I was not staying in the lodge. He told me I would not find anything in the area for under 100.00. He proceeded to tell me in could rent the rooms for 140.00 (each) I said good luck! Went up the road to Stratton mountain inn paid 80.00 total tax included. 20.00 cheaper then the stone mountain dump.

3  Thank Deedre
Reviewed September 29, 2012

A great little inn in the heart of southern Vermont. At the base of Stratton Mountain and 20 minutes from Manchester and Bromley.The staff is working hard to get ready for the winter season and were very accommodating and friendly. Nice clean room with a king size sleigh bed with down comforter and a working fireplace. Great ambience for a winter getaway. Cosy restaurant and well stocked bar.with a reasonably priced menu. Try the clam chowder and crab cakes. Also a variety of other entrees, appetizers and salads. We'll be back..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed in the Opal room for two nights 9/24-26. The area is nice with enough to do, though the town is pretty isolated in the summer season. The staff was very friendly-- both at the lodge and at the attached tavern/restaurant, which served decent food that was, I thought, a little expensive for the quantity served.

Our room was large, with a king bed and a functional wood-burning fireplace. They had a full cable package and we were able to get our HGTV fix. There was also free wifi. That's where the positives end, however. The bedspread was stained, the sheets didn't fit right so they just came loose at the corners in the night. The mattress and pillows were cheap and creaky/scratchy. The carpeting was pink and very dingy, with lots of burn holes around the fireplace. Popcorn ceiling. Harvest gold shower and sink, tiny mirror, torn shower curtain. I can understand the carpeting and popcorn ceiling being an expensive fix, but a $3.50 cheap vinyl shower curtain?

The bottom line is, this was easily one of the grossest rooms I've ever paid for, I've paid less money for a nicer room, even with the Groupon it didn't add up to a good deal for us.

2  Thank adiantumpedatum
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We've been traveling in the New England area for two weeks and this lodge was a pleasant surprise. Very clean and cozy room, with all the things you'd expect.
Nice and welcoming staff. And as a bonus, there's a bar/ restaurant. A definte thumbs up

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stones Lodge was everything I expected it to be from previous reviews that I read. I had a three night groupon stay and it saved me a considerable amount of money. I stayed in the Onyx room and I loved the ambiance. Few minors nicks... The headboard was cracked on the bottom right hand side and chipped on the upper left hand side. There was a bottle of champagne in my room with champagne flutes on a bucket of ice, which was very nice of the staff, since they knew it was my birthday. My birthday dinner was at Verde (up on Stratton Mtn) great food, excellent service.The fireplace in my room was awesome, the only downside with that was every other night after our first night it was pretty hard to burn wood since we had green wood. The bed was soft and comfy. The bathroom in my room was fine, with the exception of the very hot or very cold shower. The water pressure wasn't that great and it was either too hot or too cold, but somehow we managed.The light breakfast at the inn was good, although there is a restaurant "Fox Stop" across the street that has really good food. The bartender (Steve) at the Fat Spy Tavern was awesome. He really took good care of my boyfriend and I and had a lot of nice suggestions for us for sightseeing. My dinner at the Fat Spy Tavern wasn't that great really. I had the Mahi meal with black bean salsa and rice with zucchini. Everything was good except the Mahi, which for me is not a good thing especially since I love fish. The Mahi was over cooked and literally had to be chewed almost 32 times, which in my opinion for a fish you shouldn't have to do. Every appetizer I had (buffalo wings, calamari) was good but there were a few questionable pieces of the calamari. The innkeeper was nice it's just a shame he has to work for like 10 people. I wish there was a little bit more staff to help out. There were a few times when I did feel a little uncomfortable, but nothing to stress over really. Would I recommend this place to someone, perhaps with the right description of what to expect. If you are looking for things to be grand, then I would say this is not the place for you, but if you are looking for a place that's reasonable and don't mind a few nicks here and there, then sure.

Room Tip: The Onyx room is very spacious and off to the side and quiet.