“Small mountain, but a good variety of terrain”

Bolton Valley Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: Family-run ski resort is ideal for families.
Holmdel, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Small mountain, but a good variety of terrain”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My wife and I come here once a year to meet up with friends who live nearby. We have been lucky and have always had great conditions when we are here. The mountain is not as big as some nearby, but the varied terrain make it a good mountain for all abilities. For someone who is just starting with glade runs, the vista glades is a great place to spend some time.

Anghiari, Italy
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Great Staff, Great Experience, Nice Terrain, Fun Bar”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I love this mountain, but then again, I love old school mountains. The staff is awesome, from the director of the snowboard school to the bartenders. There is a special charm about this place that I can not put my finger on, but it has a special ambience of yesteryear.

1 Thank Ut_Amen_Et-Foveam
RI
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great day of Skiing perfect conditions”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

After ~10 years of not having been on skis, my husband and I decided to go to Vermont for a ski weekend. I liked this ski resort because it had 35% of the mountain as novice. I paid for a lesson to serve as a refresher and it was worth every dollar.
Lift ticket prices were reasonable as was the cost of a private lesson. My instructor was excellent, very encouraging, gave great pointers. I had a great skiing experience, skiing for a better portion of the day. I would definitely return to Bolton Ski Resort. Nicely situated between Burlington and Stowe.

1 Thank patriotsfan02
Patterson, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Skiing especially if you like the trees!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I've been going to Bolton Valley for well over a decade. Some of the best tree skiing in New England, but a well rounded resort for all skier types. It's a bit of a no frills place, although the bar is always a good time, and the wood fired pizza excellent, it's more about the skiing here. Due to their high base elevations (it's quite the access road), they often got some of the most snow in VT other then Jay. The hotel is one of the most convenient there is, literally attached to the base lodge. The rooms are basic, but location is absolutely key!

Visited February 2013
Saudi Arabia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Old Skool ski resort with plenty of charm”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I can see why BV gets mixed reviews, as its not as polished as some of its rivals in the area, and some parts are a little run down, e.g. the cafe area. But it is totally unpretentious, frequented by many locals which gives it a really nice feel. The staff are really friendly and the night skiing was awesome. It may not be to everyone's liking but it was to mine.

Visited December 2013