“Great Restaurant off the beaten path.”

The Wheel Inn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Benson
Cuisines: American
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
“Great Restaurant off the beaten path.”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

For the second time we had a delicious meal at The Wheel Inn Restaurant. The food was fresh, served hot, and was hearty and very good. In fact I was able to make two meals out of the generous piece of prime rib that I ordered. I am looking forward to going back the next time I am in Benson.

• Visited October 2013

Upstate NY
“A great find in a tiny town”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I decided to go here on our 30th anniversary. We go at least once when we are on vacation and we have NEVER had a bad meal. They serve all 3 meals, breakfast is to die for with all home made breads and real Vermont maple syrup. We had dinner. I ordered a bowl of broccoli cheddar soup delicious and my husband had mussels. He had 26 mussels for 8.95, that's crazy and they were delic! Their salads are fresh and nice sized and I love their Ranch dressing-I just love it. Of course freshly made rolls yummy. For entrees I had panko breaded scallops with rice pilaf- 8 tender lightly crisped tasty scallops with yummy pilaf. My husband had mussels fra diablo over linguini-another 26 mussels in a very snappy very tasty red sauce. My meal-18.95, his-12.95. I'm not kidding!
We took home leftovers AND dessert. If you get nothing else at the Wheel get dessert. Pie is their specialty and they give new meaning to the work "HOMESLICE" Big slices of coconut cream and Winner's Circle (like a chocolate chip cookie) that we ate over 3 nights! The ambiance is country and rustic. But as long as you have shoes and shirt they'll serve you! For the price, this place is unbeatable!! Wednesday is chicken and dumplings day-but get there early because they will run out!

• Visited August 2013
Middletown, New York, United States
“Best”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Have been going to the Wheel for about 6 year's just for breakfast (AMAZING) Sausage Gravy egg's & biscuits the best i have ever eaten! HOMEMADE cornbeef hash
Went last Monday for 1st dinner was JUST AS PLEASED! Staff is very friendly!! ALL AROUNF GREAT place!!!

• Visited August 2013
Woodstock, Vermont
“Nice food off the beaten path”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Visiting friends up Rt 22A north of Fair Haven and near Benson, Vt. They suggested we go to the Wheel Inn. Great local place in the tiny intersection that is Benson. Specials of the day were listed on a board and there were three. We were three, so each had one of the specials. All were very good and served well. I tried the reuben with pickle and fried onion rings. Great sandwich. We also tried the burger and the fried fish fillet. Everyone was satisfied and our friend from that area said that she always goes there because of the great food and the nice staff. We agree. We didn't have room for desert, but pies looked great and we heard many testimonials. Real homey interior and very comfortable.

• Visited May 2013
Orwell, Vermont, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food in a local atmosphere”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Kathy is the owner & this is locally known as the best watering hole around. Lots of locals enjoy The Wheel Inn

Visited January 2013