“Loved! Amazing baked goods.”

Apple Barn Country Bake Shop
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Bennington
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My husband and I stopped in here on a beautiful June day. I will admit that I was primarily looking for some fresh local product because their website said they had a vegetable stand. I was bummed to walk in and only find a barrel of corn, some tomatoes and strawberries. So, I was kind of sad about that because their site made it seem like they had a while produce section. Oh well.

BUT, the baked goods and other treats around the store made up for it. We regrettably passed on the doughnuts and I don't even know why (so stupid!). But we did end up with a raspberry filled cookie, a white chocolate and raspberry scone and the most amazing oatmeal raisin cookie God has ever put on this earth. The standard flavor cookies (chocolate chip and such) are huge, chewy and reasonably priced at $2 for their size. We walked out with those three things, a coffee, and a tiny bottle of maple syrup (because it'll take us a year to finish that much) for just over $8.

And the service was very friendly.

Overall, I love it here. I knocked one star off because of the produce thing, but that won't stop me from coming back. Definitely a must for baked goodies of all kinds. They also had pies! Sigh. Next time.

There are newer reviews for Apple Barn Country Bake Shop

Reviewed August 26, 2010

I stopped for the bakery which had some wonderful baked goods and bread. I ended up with Maple syrup, Vermont wine, cheese, dried apples and raseberry chocolate milk mix. Prices ok it is an easy stop with lots of parking.