“poor poor poor”

Four Chimney's Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Four Chimney's Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 75 Restaurants in Bennington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Williamsburg, Virginia
“poor poor poor”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

expensive prices as this is a newly bought business and clearly trying to get their investment back fast.
very dirty, stale odors and mold and mildew, thick dirt and dust in plain sight

meal was not good, at all, not one person out of 4 were satisfied much less impressed, all the food is clearly right out of the box, pre-prepared and low quality at that.

the elderly health inspector in this region is well known for looking the other way but beyond that the food is really really bad.

there are several places in town 100% better than this for 1/3 to 1/4 the price, Rattlesnake Café, and if you really like preprocessed out of the can food save the cash and go to Chili's on the west end of the town.

we asked if the desserts were at least homemade and the server did not know how to answer, you could tell she didn't want to lie and did not want to say anything bad about the kitchen either.

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank slickrockhounds

QUEENS,NEW YORK
“Delicious food in a lovely setting”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I just enjoyed a wonderful evening at the inn's restaurant during our getaway to the Green Mountains. The inn is beautiful and quaint and the dining room is elegant yet cozy. The service was warm and friendly and the food was delicious. I enjoyed my stuffed acorn squash and carrot ginger soup. Definitely recommended!

• Visited October 2013
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
“Beautiful old colonial inn with fine dining excellence”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Four Chimneys for 3 nights. The room was absolutely beautiful dressed in its finest colonial attire. The food was prepared perfectly and served graciously. If you can imagine stepping back in time when the pace was slow and your surroundings relaxing and comforting then this is the place for you. If you are in Bennington this is a must for both the food and the inn!!!

• Visited October 2013
NYC
“Formal excellence”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The setting is a dream-like Vt country house, located on millionaire's row. The food is basic, and excellent--especially a wonderful chocolate cake dessert. Service, not as polished as might be wished, was nonetheless willing by local lasses.

Visited October 2013
Santa Clara, California
“The best meal I ever ate!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We came from California to Vermont to see the fall foliage. We stopped by the visitor center and they had menu's from local restaurants. I picked up Four Chimney's menu and saw "Acorn Squash filled with apples and walnuts and sticky rice ...and I knew where I was going for dinner! The restaurant is in a beautiful colonial inn. They have a nice bar with a fireplace to sit and relax and enjoy a glass of wine . The dining room also has a fire place and candles on the tables. Soft music set the mood. My husband ordered Lobster Ravioli's and he said it was the best pasta he ever ate!
My acorn squash was so delicious ... Desert was a home made cream puff filled with ice cream.
I called the chef Lynn from the kitchen to thank her! I found out she also owns the Inn. The price of our meal and bottle of wine was about $120.00 with tip!
I highly recommend this wonderful place,I wish it was in California!

• Visited September 2013