“Pleasantly Suprised”

South Street Cafe & Bakery
Description: At the heart of Bennington since 1994, the South Street Cafe & Bakery serves high quality coffee, tea and baked goods. All soups, breads, and baked goods are made from scratch and by hand. Many offerings are vegetarian, some are vegan, and everything is delicious! Free wifi, live music and artists in residence all add to what we consider our motto - Coffee, Culture and Community.
Reviewed September 5, 2016

Having recently moved to Troy, NY I decided to take a little day trip up to Bennington since I hadn't been there before. This place caught my eye so I decided to stop in. It had a cozy and welcoming atmosphere and the staff were very friendly. I thoroughly enjoyed my chai latte and plan on trying some of the food next time I'm in the area. It's a charming little place in the heart of a charming little downtown.

Maeve W, Owner at South Street Cafe & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2016

Thank you for your review! We look forward to seeing you back in, and please make sure to say hello when you stop in again.

Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

I used to come here over 10 years ago when my mother lived here and used to meet her friends here once a week. Very little has changed, great coffee, relaxed atmosphere and wonderful baked goods. I really appreciated the home made sour dough breads and almost got them to sell me sour dough starter if I had been here when they were starting the bread. I had chicken curry salad and my so had tuna salad and both were tasty and fresh. I know most of the places in Bennington and South street cafe was where we decided to stop while driving through town.

Maeve W, Owner at South Street Cafe & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2016

Though we're newer owners, we love how long the Cafe has been around and this is the reason why. Please ask for either Brian or Maeve when you stop in next time so we can say hello in person!

Reviewed August 4, 2016

Loved this place!!!! We had a great breakfast, delicious coffee and pastries made on site. The cafe is small and the staff is happy and welcoming. Most of the tables were filled when we got there and looked like the clients were mostly regulars! As we left, a small band was setting up to play for the lunch crowd. Loved the bathroom decor! (See photos)

Thank you so much for stopping in! We're delighted you had a great experience and hope it's just as good...if not better...the next time you come in.

Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

I love South Street Cafe! Their breakfast sandwiches are great, bagels are fresh, they make a bunch of baked goods, delicious drinks, they serve soups and sandwiches. Inside you will find work from local artists and they even have live music on some days. Prices are affordable, food is delicious, parking on the street or nearby parking lots, easy to find, good sized seating and free wifi. Lots of vegan options and delicious coffees. Remember they make everything from scratch! Definitely a spot to check out!

2  Thank kkdesigns3
Maeve W, Owner at South Street Cafe & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2016

We're so glad you enjoyed your time at the Cafe! We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed July 20, 2016

Delicious chai and the place is very welcoming. Altho it's busy theres service with a smile. Nice location downtown. Easy to find.

Maeve W, Owner at South Street Cafe & Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2016

Cheryl,

Thanks for coming in! We're so happy you enjoy being at the Cafe and look forward to seeing you back in.

Maeve