“Excellant Value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Bennington
Shelton, Connecticut
“Excellant Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Great Motel. Immaculate housekeeping, updated décor withy plenty of parking. The breakfast is far better than average. and the internet service is very good. Nice grounds and convenient to shopping and eating. Will definitely stay here again. We have stayed here before and it has gotten better over the years. No problems at check-in or out. One of the best value in the Bennington area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BWVTMgmt, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Bennington, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time for your review. I'm glad that your stay was enjoyable and you are liking the changes that we are doing with our rooms. Its always a pleasure to see our repeat guest's.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Rome City, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

I've stayed at this property before, but this is the first review of it I've offered. This is a very good place to stay in the Bennington area. Check in was smooth and quick and I was in my room within minutes of arriving. The room had a fridge and microwave and also featured a "clean remote" which is always appreciated. It was clean, quiet and very comfortable. The exfoliating soap was a pleasant surprise and felt pretty good after a full day of driving. The motel is close to restaurants and is very easy to find. There were plenty of electrical outlets for my cell charger and computer and the wifi signal was strong and reliable all night. I left before breakfast started so I can't comment on that. My total bill came to just under $68, which was quite a bit less than rates I received when calling around to other motels in the area. This was a very good stay and I will certainly stay here again if business runs me back through the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BWVTMgmt, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Bennington, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time for the review. I'm glad your stay was enjoyable and clean as it should have been.
Coltons Point, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Our room had everything we needed; a comfortable bed, clean room and bath, fresh linens every day, quiet- we could not hear traffic or other guests, great breakfast and convenient to downtown. We saved over $100 a night over the Hampton Inn price where we had stayed before. Only difference was Hampton has larger room and pool, which we did not need. Great value and great staff!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWVTMgmt, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Bennington, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
I'm glad your stay was pleasant during your time here in Bennington, VT. Thank you for taking the time for the review.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We paid AAA rate of about $78 including tax. We were very satisfied with this motel, and would recommend it. I’ll start with the negative and finish with the positive:
Check in started a little rough. Booked 2 months in advance on BW website, and had requested a 1st floor king. The receptionist (who as others said, was not exactly welcoming) claimed we requested room #131 (2nd floor 2 queen room.) Excuse me? Having never been to Bennington, much less the New Englander, how would I even know to request this particular room? She told me I should have called the motel directly! Ultimately, there were no 1st floor kings available (except a king suite for another $9) so we opted for 2 queens on second floor…

Our room smelled like smoke- there was a No Smoking sign on door, but someone must’ve decided to anyway. It was spacious, pretty clean, had a flat screen TV, micro, frig, desk & chair, easy chair, and comfortable beds. Really a good value, considering what you get, along with a free breakfast. The breakfast was better than average, with cereal, pastries, Belgian waffle-maker, fruit, eggs & sausage, yogurt, and I can’t remember what else. We were also very impressed with the Manager on duty Nov 2nd when an elderly lady dropped her full cup of coffee all over the floor in the breakfast area. She was so embarrassed, but the Manager was very gracious and went about cleaning it up with no fuss, assuring her it happens all the time. All in all, this motel offers clean rooms, nice breakfast at a good value.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
BWVTMgmt, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Bennington, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
I'm a little confused on part of your review. Room 131 is a single king, but yes it is on the 2nd floor. I'm sorry if the request you put to BW Int'l requesting a first floor did not come through to us at property level. Unlike a lot of properties I have experienced and as stated online, that requests can not be guaranteed.

At our property, we do try and accommodate any guest's request's if we are aware of them. I do advise customers if the request is very important that a call directly to that property your staying at is a good idea for follow through with. Sometimes we can not due to other circumstances. I apologize that this request did not filter down to us at the front desk.

I'm glad that overall you had a good stay with us here in Bennington, VT. Thank you for taking the time for the review.
Northford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

When booking this trip, my one concern was that we stay in a clean hotel and you never know what you're going to get. Well, we were very pleasantly surprised! Not only was the room clean but it was bright and very comfortable. The staff was very friendly. We would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time for the review. I'm glad your stay was enjoyable and as it should be in what we expect from our staff.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

My friend and I stayed just one night at this hotel and it exceeded our expectations. The breakfast was great and the room was comfortable. The front desk recommended good places in town to eat dinner. The room was quiet, cozy and it was right near several scenic routes for folks wanting to see Fall color. I would definitely stay at this motel again.

Room Tip: Definitely a great value.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BWVTMgmt, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Bennington, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
I'm glad that your stay was enjoyable for you and your friend and you got to be able to enjoy the Fall season here in Vermont. I'm glad that everything was as it should be here at our property. Thank you for taking time for the review.
natparker
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Really like this hotel for the price and location. Breakfast is included which is a plus. I think it has been recently renovated. My only complaint is that I found the bed a little too soft for me, but I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking time for the review and letting us know your stay was pleasant. As to the beds, it's a hit or miss for our guests. some like them, some do not. As much as we'd like to, we can't please everyone with what we have to offer. Again, Thanks for taking the time.