“Great skiing accommodations”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Bennington
New York
“Great skiing accommodations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

My son and I stayed here on a recent weekend trip to Mt. Snow. If you don't mind being an easy 25-30 ride from the mountain, this is a great place. The rates are very reasonable (half or less of what you would pay to be 10-15 mins closer) and they have a nice continental breakfast. The rooms are very clean and beds comfortable. We were in the newer section, but it looked like the whole place is very well kept. We will be back.

We had already checked out when we were having breakfast and the woman at the front desk offered to wash my travel mug so I could fill it up for our ride to the slopes. I had also forgotten to enter my BW member number on my reservation and she happily looked my number up and added it to my account. I've had man ya hotel say they can't do this or it is too difficult.

Room Tip: We were in the "new building." I would ask for the second floor next time as we did hear p...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
BWVTMgmt, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Bennington, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I'm glad you had a good stay with us. Most people rather stay closer to the ski areas, but like you, I'd rather save the money on a room and drive just a little bit. :) Thank you for taking the time for the survey.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Easthampton MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Very nice for a lower mid-level chain . Both the room and the property are well maintained and very clean. The rooms seem to have been recently refurbished. The bed and the pillows were comfortable. All of the usual amenities plus a nice sized frig and microwave. Lots of choices at the breakfast. This was definitely above average for the lower-middle chains.Staff was friendly and helpful I would stay here again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BWVTMgmt, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Bennington, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
I'm glad your stay was good. We appreciate you taking time for the survey.
sparta, nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Slid into this hotel on a March night when snow squalls made roads treacherous. The Route 7 south overpass immediately near the turn to Northside Drive had frozen to ice and cars were careening all over. Missed being hit by a sliding car by an inch. Was very happy to get to hotel. Room was large. Sheets were clean and crisp. Bathroom was clean. We had first floor room so easy to unload our gear for trip to Mt. Snow the next day. Free breakfast included make your own waffles, eggs, sausage patties, cereal, fruit and bagels/bread/English muffins. 45 minute drive to Mt. Snow. Will plan on returning.

Room Tip: if you have ski gear stay on first floor so you can haul your boots in for the night to keep them wa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I'm glad we were able to accomodate your needs during your travel and that your trip was safe and sound. Thank you for taking the time to do the survey.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I came here for an overnight stay for a business meeting. I got there kind of late but the lady behind the desk that greeted me with a British accent was very cordial and friendly. Always good to be greeted by a friendly person after a long drive. The hotel room was really clean. The towels were fluffy and the pillows were nicely fluffed up. I liked it that they had an ample amount of towels and the bathtub was not sticky or oily. The only thing that I didn't like about the room was that it was a bit smaller than the hotel rooms I am use to. It was good that they had an iron and ironing board in the room so that I could iron out the wrinkles in my shirt. The room also had a frig and a microwave. The best part of this hotel was that they had a hot breakfast. They had the waffle machine where you pour the waffle mix from a dispenser and you make your own waffles. They also had sausage and eggs and in the frig they had an assortment of yogurt.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dekkion
I'm glad that your stay and the staff was good. Thank you for the survey.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

probaly nicest hotel ive stayed in,bed wasnt too soft, clean and fabulous breakfast ..was on way to killington,,on problem was no wifi but didnt need it anyway, had wifi but no signal in room
would recommend for sure,,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Mahalia D H
BWVTMgmt, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Bennington, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time for the survey. I'm sorry about the internet giving you problems. I don't know if you called the desk or not regarding that, but please do remember to do so when ever you have any issues at any place that way they do know about it at the time and can try and get it corrected. We will definately look into this.

I'm glad that your stay was enjoyable. Hope to see you again.