“Great Hotel”

Hampton Inn Bennington
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Bennington
Reviewed April 18, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend get-away. The staff was fantastic! We were greated by a warm welcome and check in was very fast and efficient. The bedding (which I guess is new) was very fresh and clean. I was pleasently surprised to see that my socks did not get dirty on the carpet (which is normal in most hotels). The room was spacious and cofortable. We went down to breakfast the next morn, and I was again impressed. I would typically spend $10 a person at Denny's for a hot meal like what they served. The wireless was strong (and FREE huge bonus!) I did not use the fitness center, but the indoor pool and hot tub were great. Will definately stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank fansonwhedon

Reviewed April 1, 2007

Hampton Inn is a nice new facility, but twice the price of the Best Western, which seems out of line. Should be no more than 10-15% more (the place was empty the weekend I was there). Recreation area has no lockers or shower. Very nice sauna, but when you come out where do you rise off? The only option is in the pool, unfortunately. Very unsanitary!! Also would be nice to change into your swim suit at the rec area, not walk through the hotel in a swim suit/wet swim suit. The bathrooms are not set up for that.

Understandably you have to use your room key to get into the recreation area. But then once inside you have to use the key every time you want to get in to the exercise area. Quite an overkill and a pain, you need to walk around with your key to go from room to room.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
6  Thank NEasternUSA
Reviewed March 4, 2007

One of the best hampton inns we stayed inn! the suite was nice and the bathroom was ncie. The staff was very friendly and helped with any problems we had. We went skiing there.The hotel is about mayb ten minutes away from the skiing area.They had a very good breakfast. The hotel is in a very convenient area, with a supermarket rigth next to the hotel. The hotel recommended hunters restaurant about 3 miles away. It was very good They had steaks and seafood. It is a nice family restaurant. I woud reccomend thus hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2007
8  Thank skiingx
Reviewed February 11, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Bennington for the weekend and had a decent stay. We booked our room on the hotel's website which worked smoothly. We were automatically given the AAA room rate as indicated when we made our online reservation. The hotel and our room were clean and comfortable. The front desk and housekeeping staff were helpful and courteous. The only "problem" we encountered was that they ran out of copies of directions to a local restaurant that they give out to guests. A minor detail really. Breakfast was complimentary and offered a variety of basic items. The hotel's location was convenient. We drove to the outlets in Manchester and enjoyed a couple of the local Bennington restaurants and attractions as well.

The only real down side to our stay was the heating unit in our room. It was very noisy when it came on and was running, and we woke up a few times during the night because of it. The weather had been pretty cold, so the heater seemed to be working overtime. We also thought we could hear the heat coming on in the room next to us. We weren't sure if all the rooms had the same issue or not.

Overall this hotel was a good value--reasonably priced and located. We would stay here again (and just make certain that our room will be quieter next time).

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ecvrooman
Reviewed December 3, 2006

I had an absolutely wonderful stay at this Hampton Inn. The hotel was completely booked with some tour buses, so I was able to stay in one of the suites. Even if I hadn't, I would still think this is a great place to stay. The hotel feels so much more expensive than Hampton Inns that I've been at in the past. The rooms were very clean, and they served a great breakfast. In addition, there was a business room that had a computer with internet access. The staff was wonderful. I have no complaints about this location, except that I wish I had stayed longer.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrjanto
Reviewed October 22, 2006

Found this hotel on a Vermont hotels website. Through them, were able to obtain a fabulous room rate, about half of the walk-up rate. Hotel is luxurious, extremely well appointed and within easy walking distance of a major-chain restaurant. Continental breakfast was very nice, staff at check-in/out were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank twelveoaks12
Reviewed October 2, 2006

Trip Advisor once again proved itself a reliable source. This Bennington, VT Hampton Inn was indeed as great as I had read. It was an attractive, immaculately clean place - we spent 2 nights in early Oct. and had a lovely room with a great, well-designed bathroom. Complimentary breakfast was good. I was able to use the free internet access to print out some directions which was helpful. The staff was nice as can be. As others have noted, the hotel adjoins a little strip mall. Although it does mar the mountain view, we did find it convenient to have a Hanaford supermarket so close by. Just a few minutes drive, and you can see all the are attractions.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank Ljustus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bennington
Knotty Pine Motel
#5 of 8 in Bennington
Four Chimneys Inn
Four Chimneys Inn
#1 of 9 in Bennington

Been to Hampton Inn Bennington? Share your experiences!