“My favorite diner”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
midwest
“My favorite diner”
Reviewed August 22, 2009

We never miss this place when we're in town. Great food, a lot of character and friendly waitstaff. Love all the food we've tried. Try one of the lemon raspberry poppyseed muffins...so good!!

Burlington, Canada
“A must do”
Reviewed August 22, 2009

A visit to the diner is a must when visiting bennington. This was our first trip here. We loved it. The premises alone is a reason to visit. Once you step in, you feel as if you are back in the 40-50's. The food was great, I had the turkey hash and my wife the berry pancakes. The portions are large. We got there around 745am on a Sunday and had to wait 10 minutes for a booth, we heard waits are much longer as the day progresses.

1 Thank agac
Southington, Connecticut
“An all time favorite!”
Reviewed July 4, 2009

When we plan trips to VT, the Blue Benn is always included in our plans! Actually, this past Easter, we planned our holiday weekend around teh Benn! It never disappoints; the food is always delicious, fresh, hot. The service is very "home town friendly" and prompt. If you can, start your meal with a homemade donut! Be prepared to split it b/c they are hefty, as is all their portions. However, since it is small (I believe it only has 6 booths and counter service), be prepared to wait (it's worth it)!!

Southern Vermont
“Eclectic menu, lots of character”
Reviewed January 7, 2009

The Blue Benn is a very popular spot, with all kinds of diners, from college kids to leaf peepers. I go there fairly often for brunch with my boyfriend on the weekends. If you want a booth, you often have to wait, but there is almost always a stool at the counter available. The walls are cluttered with specials ranging from pumpkin pancakes to reubens. They really have something for everyone. One of my favorites is the chicken fajita salad. I have noticed, a couple of times, that the chicken tastes a bit off. I returned my meal because of this once and they told me there was nothing wrong with it. I had to wave the waitress down several minutes later to ask to order something else, which was rather irritating, to say the least. Last time I was there, my mother got the chicken enchiladas and had the same taste of spoiled chicken. And yet, I go back! I know, it sounds a bit absurd. Somehow I forgive this chicken issue because I love the charming and unpretentious atmosphere. And while not gourmet, aside from the occasional bad chicken, the food is pretty good.

Maryland Line, Maryland
“Satisfies”
Reviewed September 24, 2008

Have eaten heartily at counter about three times, summers. Generous quantity of comfort food served promptly in little diner of unimpeachable authenticity. Fixtures worn to the point of historicity but apparently clean. Pulsing with humanity and your neighbor's elbows.