“Great little diner”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed March 4, 2012

It's always packed, and there's a reason. The menu is extensive. The wait staff is friendly. The food is reasonably priced and very good. Overall, a great value. Just plan to wait during peak times and seasons..but things do move quickly here, so we've never waited more than 20 minutes even with 7-8 other parties in front of us.

1  Thank Ciaociao

Reviewed February 17, 2012

The Blue Benn has become the destination of choice on my frequent drives through the area after being recommended by a local many years ago.
It is a converted diner car that is showing signs of age, and it is a little small and can be a little uncomfortable, but the food more than makes up for it. Virtually everything is posted on the wall, with a white board for specials. In fact, I had been coming here for a few years before I even learned they had an actual menu, but I've never even opened it - I have a hard enough time choosing between the items on the wall.

The BB offers a stunning variety of diner classics, and even offer options (e.g. free range eggs, gluten free bread) on top of it. The food is generally very fresh and everything I've ever had there has been real, right down to the carved turkey in my wrap tonight.

Anyone cutting across Vermont on route 7 or VT9 would be well served to wait until Bennington and stopping here for an excellent meal.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

We stopped at the Blue Benn Diner early one August morning for breakfast with the family. The place doesn't look like much from the outside, but it is a really neat stop. First of all, you get to eat in an old-fashioned diner! Second, the food portions are large. Really, you could split some of the plates with someone else. Third, the service was friendly, and the atmosphere was quite pleasant.
The kids all ordered pancake plates. Their eyes were huge when the plates arrived. Each of the three pancakes was the size of the plate! To my pleasant surprise, I was able to order a whole-grain pancake with berries. This portion was smaller, but it was plenty of food. I was just happy to have a healthy choice at a diner, of all places. Only in Vermont, right?
If you want some good old-fashioned atmosphere in a small Vermont town, stop in at the Blue Benn. Breakfast is great!

Reviewed January 19, 2012

This is your classic weekend breakfast stop - not fancy but good.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

We visited this diner based on reviews from t.a. boy where we happy we went! = ) The place is extremly small, but the food is all homemade & second to none. There are 6 booths & 20 counter counter stools. They have a ton of interesting food options, such as corn bread french toast, pumpkin pecan pancakes etc, I had the greek omlet, it had tomato, feta cheese & onions & it was delish! My husband had the pumpkin pecan pancakes & they were just as good. The prices are reasonable. A cup of coffee was only $1.00. Their jellys (for toast etc) are all homemade. The raspberry was tasty! The place looks like a hole in the wall from the outside, but you're not going there for looks....you're going for some good food, and indeed you will get.