“Great and not so much” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brown Cow Cafe

Brown Cow Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Brown Cow Cafe is the healthy alternative for fresh made to order breakfast and lunch in Bennington. Always have vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free soup, sandwiches, salads, and sweets available as part of our regular menu. Full menu of espresso drinks using Vermont roasted fair trade organic Mocha Joe's coffee.
Springfield, United States
“Great and not so much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

We liked the atmosphere and menu. One sandwich was terrific. The other was loaded with oil; even the chips were soaked. Wrung it out and ate half. Quietly showed one of the staff who was not nice, especially because we said we did not want anything else instead. She said yes, the pesto is very oily. We NEVER complain so were disappointed to leave embarrassed. Will not return.

Visited October 2013
Alleycat751, General Manager at Brown Cow Cafe, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
We are sorry you did not enjoy your sandwich at The Brown Cow and apologize for any brusqueness from the waitstaff. However, when you choose to alter a menu item from the way it is offered (i.e. a panini as a wrap), it's not really fair to blame the restaurant when you don't like the outcome.

Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
“Hippie cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had breakfast here. I had the egg sandwich on sourdough toast - with cheese and bacon. It was delicious. My husband had the steel cut oats. They offered various toppings for his oats. I noticed fresh bananas on the counter. They have lots of gourmet coffees. Locals go here. Great place.

Visited October 2013
Houston, Texas
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I spotted this place while staying at the inn next door, and I'm glad I stopped for breakfast. Very friendly and helpful staff, good food and cool atmosphere made for a good start to the day. I changed my order after making it, and also switched from "to go" to dine in because I liked the place, and they accommodated me without complaint.

“Great lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

They make an outstanding ham and Brie sandwich with Dijon mustard. Great atmosphere and lovely people

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Terrific coffee..and more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

When I heard about this cafe which is a little off the Main Street, I was told they had the best coffee in town. There is some good coffee around-both South Street Cafe, and Powers in North Bennington, so it was a strong claim. I do not know what they do in their process or if its just the Mocha Joe's product but the result is a very very smooth cup of coffee that is excellent. No bite or bitterness. If I lived in Bennington, I would be here daily. The blueberry muffin that came along was also good. It was not oily or greasy. Very healthy and brimming with berries.
I did not get back for a lunch but the menu is very fun with lots of options for people who want healthy, hearty or gluten free. There are also non-dairy options.
Parking is good-a rarity we have found. Getting there is a little confusing. It is a separate building right next to a college library that looks like it was a hotel. So follow the numbers and look up high above the street on the left side as you go out of town from the center.
There are lots of tables. I heard it fills up at lunch-which means the word is out.

• Visited July 2013