“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brown Cow Cafe

Brown Cow Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Brown Cow Cafe is the healthy alternative for fresh made to order breakfast and lunch in Bennington. Always have vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free soup, sandwiches, salads, and sweets available as part of our regular menu. Full menu of espresso drinks using Vermont roasted fair trade organic Mocha Joe's coffee.
Houston, Texas
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I spotted this place while staying at the inn next door, and I'm glad I stopped for breakfast. Very friendly and helpful staff, good food and cool atmosphere made for a good start to the day. I changed my order after making it, and also switched from "to go" to dine in because I liked the place, and they accommodated me without complaint.

“Great lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

They make an outstanding ham and Brie sandwich with Dijon mustard. Great atmosphere and lovely people

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Terrific coffee..and more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

When I heard about this cafe which is a little off the Main Street, I was told they had the best coffee in town. There is some good coffee around-both South Street Cafe, and Powers in North Bennington, so it was a strong claim. I do not know what they do in their process or if its just the Mocha Joe's product but the result is a very very smooth cup of coffee that is excellent. No bite or bitterness. If I lived in Bennington, I would be here daily. The blueberry muffin that came along was also good. It was not oily or greasy. Very healthy and brimming with berries.
I did not get back for a lunch but the menu is very fun with lots of options for people who want healthy, hearty or gluten free. There are also non-dairy options.
Parking is good-a rarity we have found. Getting there is a little confusing. It is a separate building right next to a college library that looks like it was a hotel. So follow the numbers and look up high above the street on the left side as you go out of town from the center.
There are lots of tables. I heard it fills up at lunch-which means the word is out.

• Visited July 2013