“Father's Day Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Bennington
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Madison family has deep roots in the Bennington, Vermont. As locals growing up and living in the area, the Madison's have deep ties to the community and in the early 1990's the family decided to purchase what was then a burned out storefront in Bennington's historic downtown, and convert it into the area's first brew pub. "My brother Mark was part of the inspiration" says co-owner Mel Madison. "He become passionate about brewing beer as a hobby... And that let us to the idea of starting a brew pub." From those humble beginnings, the brewery has developed six regular brews plus a seasonal brew. To complement the brewing is the lunch and dinner offerings as well as Madison's own home-made chips - a favorite at the bar or anyplace. Now into its second decade of operation, the brew pub has become a Bennington fixture and a favorite amongst the locals. We encourage you to stop in and discover for yourself everything Madison's Brewing Company has to offer!
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stopped in for lunch, fourteen of us, they had to separate us, but we all got in, no wait! This is a pretty busy place, we got the last three table open. Service was vary good, our server got our drink's to us in a timely fashion. I had a Whiskey Porter Brew, that was excellent. The open faced Turkey Sandwich I ordered was very good. All the plates that came to our table were decent portions, you should not leave hungry. The service was quick also, I believe we were all done and leaving in about a 45min. span.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

This is a great local place to eat. The food was very good and the beer was even better. My husband had the venison burger which was very good while I tried the pub burger which was very tasty. Definitely a place to eat when in Bennington.

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

The Waldorf melt is to die for and I highly recommend getting the 8 beer sampler for 9 dollars then a pint of your favorite to have with your meal

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Madison is a great local bar/restaurant. Offers good seasonal beers and food. I have been very pleased with the service and food. My only suggestion is to have Happy Hour Drink and food Specials!! College kids would love that!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Madison's brews it's own beers, and they are pretty good! For a brewery I was surprised at the quality of food. I had a salad, and the greens were fresh and it was very ample. Downside for me was the bartender was not very attentive. I am always amazed when a server does not even glance, not the slightest at a customer. Had to ask for another beer. He assumed I was there to drink, had to ask for a menu. It is a bit noisy.