“Good food, beers made right there!”

Madison Brewing Co. Brew Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Bennington
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Madison family has deep roots in the Bennington, Vermont. As locals growing up and living in the area, the Madison's have deep ties to the community and in the early 1990's the family decided to purchase what was then a burned out storefront in Bennington's historic downtown, and convert it into the area's first brew pub. "My brother Mark was part of the inspiration" says co-owner Mel Madison. "He become passionate about brewing beer as a hobby... And that let us to the idea of starting a brew pub." From those humble beginnings, the brewery has developed six regular brews plus a seasonal brew. To complement the brewing is the lunch and dinner offerings as well as Madison's own home-made chips - a favorite at the bar or anyplace. Now into its second decade of operation, the brew pub has become a Bennington fixture and a favorite amongst the locals. We encourage you to stop in and discover for yourself everything Madison's Brewing Company has to offer!
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We went to the Madison Brewery for dinner while staying in Bennington. The service was quick and the waiter was friendly. I had the eggplant open faced sandwich with pesto and cheese which came with a salad and my husband had pot roast which came with cheesy mashed potato and asparagus. The eggplant was cut rather thick and had the tough skin on it, not the way I would cook it but still good. My husband liked his pot roast. He also chose the Madison Brewery Octoberfest beer which he liked. For dessert he had carrot cake and I had pumpkin cheesecake both of which were excellent. The onion rings were also very good. I'm glad we went, the perfect stop while strolling through town!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stopped in for lunch on Columbus Day - the place was hopping - so we ate at the bar. Menu was conventional - although they offer a venison burger as well as a bison burger. We got one of each. Both were excellent and cooked perfectly. Fries were great too. I'm not a beer drinker but my BF tried a few of their beers and all were very good. They even had an italian red wine on the menu which is my preference.

Service was a little slow at the bar, but I think that's because it was so busy. We weren't in a hurry so it didnt matter to us. Bartender was friendly and accomodating.

We don't look at prices when we order food - as we want to experience the menu. However when our bill came we were surprised at the cost. Although lunch out should be inexpensive - I thought it was on the high side.

Atmosphere is nice - rustic/bar. Restrooms clean. Parking on the main drag was not an issue and I believe there is extra parking in the back of the restaurant. We will go back.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went to Madison Brewing upon recommendation of our B&B hostess. It was a really good recommendation. The service was quick, yet friendly. The food was very good and the servings were generous. My husband had steak quesadillas with sour cream and guacamole. (Yum) And I had blackened chicken salad. Loved it! We saw lots of locals eating there. We would definitely go back frequently if we lived nearby.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were referred to the Madison by a local real-estate person. The restaurant was busy for lunch but we were seated in 5 minutes. The waitress was friendly and excellent help in explaining and making suggestions from the menu. My wife chose the Brat with kraut and fresh cut fries ($9.99). The brat was made by a local butcher. We love local sourced food. We eat brats frequently and have had many good ones, but my wife said this was the best she ever had. The brat and the kraut were steamed in beer and then Vermont cheddar was melted over the top. It looked great and tasted better.
I ordered the battered cod with cole slaw and fresh cut fries. These fries are great! I love fresh cut fries. The cod was also excellent, with a nice batter, fried but not overcooked. The cod was moist and delicious. The portion size was good for the price $12.99. This was genuine cod. I loved it
If I were driving through Bennington I would definitely stop again.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed in yesterday. My husband ordered a Caesar Salad with chicken and he got a great salad with three grilled chicken breasts for a marvellous Price. I just loved my Bison Meatloaf with mushed potatoes which had cheese in it. Red Carrots surrounded the appetizing plate.